iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Jun 22, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #676 of 2,112
This whole launch has not been Ifi Audio's finest hour......From product issues to communicating with customers who are spending a lot of money on their product. Personally I'd rather give my money to Fiio, communicate regularly letting their consumer base what they're working on, hold their hands up with issues and seem to work hard on fixing them, Far better customer experience

Jun 22, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #677 of 2,112
I can reply to my ticket with the same password I use for anything I do on the iFi website
Yeah, I have managed to reply, too, now. It required to put my password to the ticket webpage, too.

Jun 22, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #678 of 2,112
Personally I'd rather give my money to Fiio, communicate regularly letting their consumer base what they're working on, hold their hands up with issues and seem to work hard on fixing them, Far better customer experience
Oh, please...

Jun 22, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #679 of 2,112
This whole launch has not been Ifi Audio's finest hour......From product issues to communicating with customers who are spending a lot of money on their product. Personally I'd rather give my money to Fiio, communicate regularly letting their consumer base what they're working on, hold their hands up with issues and seem to work hard on fixing them, Far better customer experience
Yep, depending on what kind of reply that we get from e-commerce team I'll be considering cancelling my order. I'm not so rich I can afford to have £399 forked out and nothing to show for it.

Jun 22, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #680 of 2,112
Personally, I do not mind waiting. I have waited for a cable from Hong Kong for around 25 business days. But iFi Audio should definitely make it clearer, more transparent, if the GO Pods are not readily available in the UK.

And one more thing...

A couple of months ago I ordered something from Samsung UK, do not recall now what it was, either my smartwatch or my buds. It was not available, I had to wait 15 days. Not only I was clearly informed about this from the beginning but also my money was left in Pending on my Bank account until the day the product was shipped.

iFi Audio has already taken the money out of my account (completed transaction).

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #681 of 2,112
Personally, I do not mind waiting. I have waited for a cable from Hong Kong for around 25 business days. But iFi Audio should definitely make it clearer, more transparent, if the GO Pods are not readily available in the UK.
What if they come back and say that it will make a great Xmas present to yourself? Would you wait that long? :dt880smile:
But yeah, if it is going to be a matter of a few weeks then fair enough I'll wait.

Jun 22, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #682 of 2,112
The stiffness of the ear hooks is also a problem with regards to charging the pods in the case. With certain IEM's they will lift the pods of the charging pins. Even if the case is big I think it should hav been at least 5mm deeper to compensate for bigger IEM's.

I actually got a little sore in my right ear canal because I had a hard time getting the right fit with the IEM's. Also on me the hooks is immediately uncomfortable over my ear. I really really hope for som softer, more pliable ear hooks!
To me the stiffness of the ear hooks can actually pull the IEM's out of the ear enough to break the seal. So far I have only used these with the IE600 and they are quite small. Tips that work for me fine with a braided cable do not keep a seal with these stiff ear hooks. So will be IEM and tip dependent. I'll be trying the empire ears Bravado II with the go Pods the next few days, as the EE's just got delivered today, and see how they work.

Jun 22, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #683 of 2,112
Can a shambles like this launch, and the info I received today over the status of my order ever end in a good way?

:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:.

Postie just arrived bearing gifts :beyersmile:

However Current status of order is obviously incorrect.

19th June 2023Processing£399.00 for 1 item

I've let the support team know!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #684 of 2,112
To me the stiffness of the ear hooks can actually pull the IEM's out of the ear enough to break the seal. So far I have only used these with the IE600 and they are quite small. Tips that work for me fine with a braided cable do not keep a seal with these stiff ear hooks. So will be IEM and tip dependent. I'll be trying the empire ears Bravado II with the go Pods the next few days, as the EE's just got delivered today, and see how they work.
I suspect that the size of the IEMs have a lot to do with the comfort of the Go Pods. All of the IEMs in those Go Pod bundles are similar in size. I use my Go Pod with 64 Audio U4s and a set of 64 Audio custom IEMs. The Go Pod is very comfortable for me with both sets. But with smaller IEMs, especially if you’re using the IE series, I can see fit and comfort being an issue. I wonder if those custom fit tips that Sennheiser is doing in Germany for the IE series would help with paring them with the Go Pod.

Jun 22, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #685 of 2,112
Can a shambles like this launch, and the info I received today over the status of my order ever end in a good way?

:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:.

Postie just arrived bearing gifts :beyersmile:

However Current status of order is obviously incorrect.

19th June 2023Processing£399.00 for 1 item

I've let the support team know!
You got them?
Pic or it never happened 😛

Jun 22, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #686 of 2,112
I suspect that the size of the IEMs have a lot to do with the comfort of the Go Pods. All of the IEMs in those Go Pod bundles are similar in size. I use my Go Pod with 64 Audio U4s and a set of 64 Audio custom IEMs. The Go Pod is very comfortable for me with both sets. But with smaller IEMs, especially if you’re using the IE series, I can see fit and comfort being an issue. I wonder if those custom fit tips that Sennheiser is doing in Germany for the IE series would help with paring them with the Go Pod.

Agreed wishes why I mentioned their size and that it's probably IEM as well as tip dependent.

Using the empire ears bravado Mark II walking my dog now it's completely different. These are sealed rock solid compared to how these ear hooks fight against the IE600

Jun 22, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #687 of 2,112

Attachments

• 20230622_191333.jpg
    20230622_191333.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 22, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #688 of 2,112
Agreed wishes why I mentioned their size and that it's probably IEM as well as tip dependent.

Using the empire ears bravado Mark II walking my dog now it's completely different. These are sealed rock solid compared to how these ear hooks fight against the IE600
I’ve seen some photos of the IE series with custom fitted tips that Sennheiser is doing. It would appear that those tips will add some length to the nozzle of the IEM and make the IEM extend out just a bit. I think those custom fit tips could help with comfort & fit if using them with Go Pods. Unfortunately the Sennheiser custom fit tips are only available to customers in Germany.

Jun 22, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #689 of 2,112
There you go, with your post showing on my mac.
Congratulations! I wish they will exceed your expectations! I also wish I will have your Good Luck.

Looking forward to your impressions :)

Jun 22, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #690 of 2,112
There you go, with your post showing on my mac.
Glad you got them bro, and I hope you enjoy them...

Headquarters just telegrammed me and said that screen looks like it may have been "green screened" and to be wary of "disinformation propaganda"

🤣🤣🤣

Happy for you and hopeful for others getting theirs soon!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back