iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Jun 22, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #662 of 2,171
I think it will :) The depth of the "recession" is not always the same, specially in Chi-Fi IEM's
I sincerely hope so!

What I am hoping for is, that thinner area to fit all the way into the IMR Elan+ socket. This will ensure a safe fit. I don't have experience with IEM connectors but I thought the width, at least, is universal.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpeg
    IMG_1342.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #663 of 2,171
I was quoting time measurements based on Pyongyang standards, 😂

I do hope you get them soon!

Cheers!!
Yesterday I asked support for an update on when Go Pods would be despatched and got the following reply this morning.

"Go Pod orders will take around 7-14 days. Your order should be processed soon. I will contact our e-commerce team and ask for an update"

Jun 22, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #664 of 2,171
I sincerely hope so!

What I am hoping for is, that thinner area to fit all the way into the IMR Elan+ socket. This will ensure a safe fit. I don't have experience with IEM connectors but I thought the width, at least, is universal.
The dimension on the thinner part is probably standard in some way. I think it is a high probability for IMR and iFi to follow this. If anything maybe the gap between IEM and thicker part of earhooks wont be totally gone. Like the picture a few pages back.

Jun 22, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #665 of 2,171
Yesterday I asked support for an update on when Go Pods would be despatched and got the following reply this morning.

"Go Pod orders will take around 7-14 days. Your order should be processed soon. I will contact our e-commerce team and ask for an update"
Can you please tell me how have you contacted customer service to query about your order? Is there an email address or something?

Jun 22, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #666 of 2,171
Can you please tell me how have you contacted customer service to query about your order? Is there an email address or something?
You can just raise a ticket. On the page that shows the status of my order for the Go Pods there is the following message and it directed me to the correct page.

Have any questions about your orders or account? Please don’t hesitate to contact our support team using this link.

Jun 22, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #667 of 2,171
You can just raise a ticket. On the page that shows the status of my order for the Go Pods there is the following message and it directed me to the correct page.

Have any questions about your orders or account? Please don’t hesitate to contact our support team using this link.
Thanks, I've just created the ticket asking when will I receive my order.

Jun 22, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #668 of 2,171

I don't understand why they have to contact another team, further in. Your ticket should reach the team which has full visibility re: orders.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #670 of 2,171
I chuckled at this, thank you!

Glad to hear - yes, the Go Pod is the first proper adapter for power hungry DDs like the IE900. Enjoy!

If you're so rushed, why didn't you just order from a dealer that could meet those timeframes for you?

iFi has been known to not have the fastest direct shipping times in the past, they are quite new to shipping direct.

Coming to the forums and posting like this won't really speed things up.
Exactly. Thank you. :)

Jun 22, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #671 of 2,171
Are recessed connectors that common? I follow the IE600 thread on head-fi and have looked into the IE600. It seems like there is a significant amount of complaints about Sennheiser using a recessed mmcx socket which limits 3rd party cable options for the IE series. I’m sure iFi did their research and made a design that would fit the most common/popular connection types.
It is a manageble with an adapter like the one in the picture. I wrote about this like a few posts back. l would be happier with a compatible hook from IFi side though. :)

Attachments

• IMG20230621075321.jpg
    IMG20230621075321.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 22, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #672 of 2,171
Yeah perhaps, but like Sebastien said they are fairly new to shipping direct so maybe that is something they can improve on further down the line.
I got a response a few minutes, ago. While I appreciate the fast response, as I've created my ticket this morning, I do not appreciate much the reply, itself...

Hey Nick,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your Order #xxxxx
It's currently a national holiday in China so they have not processed this GO Pod order as of yet. Our E-Commerce team has asked them to provide a timeframe for you.

Best

Nathan
Technical Support Advisor

Right.

So, from what I understand, iFi Audio does not have stock available here in the UK?! How do they work, what do they do? Are they waiting for a customer to place an order, and then they are notifying their team in...China, who are then assembling/creating the GO Pod, then they ship it back to the UK, and then iFi Audio ships it to the customer?! Is this how they do business?!?!
Otherwise, what does... China have to do with my order?!

When I placed my order on the 20th of June I was given the impression that the GO Pod is readily available in the UK!

Additionally. I cannot login to reply to my ticket!
From the email I have received I click the View Ticket button and I am taken to the ticket page at iFi Audio. But when I am putting my Username and Password, it says wrong password. But with the same Credentials I can login to my iFi account. Do I need to create a different password to view and reply to my tickets, @Mr BubbaHyde , @iFi audio or anyone else who knows?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #673 of 2,171
I got a response a few minutes, ago. While I appreciate the fast response, as I've created my ticket this morning, I do not appreciate much the reply, itself...

Hey Nick,

It's currently a national holiday in China so they have not processed this GO Pod order as of yet. Our E-Commerce team has asked them to provide a timeframe for you.

Best

Nathan

Right.

So, from what I understand, iFi Audio does not have stock available here in the UK?! How do they work, what do they do? Are they waiting for a customer to place an order, and then they are notifying their team in...China, who are then developing the GO Pod, then they ship it back to the UK, and then iFi Audio ships it to the customer?! Is this how they do business?!?!

When I placed my order on the 20th of June I was given the impression that the GO Pod is readily available in the UK!
I'm saying nothing lol.

I've already had my knuckles wrapped weeks ago by the venerable Mr Chiu for calling this whole product launch "amateur hour":stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #674 of 2,171

Hey Nick,

Best

Nathan

Right.

So, from what I understand, iFi Audio does not have stock available here in the UK?! How do they work, what do they do? Are they waiting for a customer to place an order, and then they are notifying their team in...China, who are then assembling/creating the GO Pod, then they ship it back to the UK, and then iFi Audio ships it to the customer?! Is this how they do business?!?!

From the email I have received I click the View Ticket button and I am taken to the ticket page at iFi Audio. But when I am putting my Username and Password, it says wrong password. But with the same Credentials I can login to my iFi account. Do I need to create a different password to view and reply to my tickets, @Mr BubbaHyde , @iFi audio or anyone else who knows?
I’m supposed to be shipping my Go Pod back to the iFi office here in the U.S. for replacement/repair. The response that you received from iFi does not inspire confidence that I would ever get them back once I dispatch them back to iFi.

Jun 22, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #675 of 2,171
I can reply to my ticket with the same password I use for anything I do on the iFi website

Users who are viewing this thread

Back