iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Nov 5, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #706 of 1,588
I think IFI is aware of the issues you, and others have brought up. It seems that they are following this thread very closely. Again, different people have different use cases for this item, and it appears that it isn't the right choice for all our needs. If you have already purchased I'm sure you can sell it for a fair price in the forums. Anyway, I know it's frustrating when you spend your hard earned $$ and find out it's not your thing. Hope things work out for you. Good luck!
You see, I'm also eyeing the new xDSD for my desktop(ish) amp. Loved the original xDSD for the sound and all. But for sure I won't be jumping on the train straight away after my experience with GO Blu.

Nov 5, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #707 of 1,588
I know the iFi guys are keeping an eye on this thread so will ask a question here related to the GO Blu and a couple other products. I have 3 iFi products, the GO Blu, Zen DAC V2 and the Zen Can. All 3 have some kind of bass boost function which I like. I noticed that the bass boost on the GO Blu and Zen Can are very similar to each other, they provide a subtle increase in bass response that doesn't affect the rest of the FR. On the Zen DAC V2 though the bass boost is MUCH more pronounced, is that expected or might there be a flaw with mine?

Nov 5, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #708 of 1,588
I know the iFi guys are keeping an eye on this thread so will ask a question here related to the GO Blu and a couple other products. I have 3 iFi products, the GO Blu, Zen DAC V2 and the Zen Can. All 3 have some kind of bass boost function which I like. I noticed that the bass boost on the GO Blu and Zen Can are very similar to each other, they provide a subtle increase in bass response that doesn't affect the rest of the FR. On the Zen DAC V2 though the bass boost is MUCH more pronounced, is that expected or might there be a flaw with mine?

This is expected - the Zen DAC V2 has a different implementation with TrueBass.

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #709 of 1,588

Here is what GO Blu's XBass look like, more as a deep bass boost.

11605354.png

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #713 of 1,588
it is a nice "pocket" device..... suits me

it does what I want, just use my IE300 with my iPhone while I walk my dog without any cables

if it is not good for your needs, just make your comment and move on

TWS I understand. I can't understand carrying an iPhone and a BT device and then listening with wired IEMs. Why use BT? - even the lowly Apple dongle sounds better than any BT device/codec. I get that you like it and that's cool but what's the point? I don't see a BT use case (for most people, anyway) if the range is severely limited.

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #714 of 1,588
TWS I understand. I can't understand carrying an iPhone and a BT device and then listening with wired IEMs. Why use BT? - even the lowly Apple dongle sounds better than any BT device/codec. I get that you like it and that's cool but what's the point? I don't see a BT use case (for most people, anyway) if the range is severely limited.
I prefer the sound signature of the ifi to the apple dongle. And I like to be able to put the ifi in a pocket and forget about it so I don’t have my headphones attached to the phone when I’m using it.

I agree that this is better suited to cans than iems which I seem to be mainly using it with.

Nov 6, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #715 of 1,588
The apple dongle is alright but definitely much prefer many BT devices over it, the Go Blu included.

My favorite BT setup to date is the LCD i4 with its Bluetooth Cipher cable. Anyone who says wired always wins against BT should listen to this setup, beats many wired IEMs in my opinion. The Go Blu allows many of my wired IEMs to sound great :)

Nov 6, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #717 of 1,588
I use mine all the time within 10 ft of the iPhone so I guess I’m one of the weirdos. I put my phone on the charger and then walk around the living room and kitchen with my music
Same here but I also use for late night TV/Movies as to not disturb others... Maybe more like 20-30 feet for me though. Class 2 BT (phone, headset audio) is supposed to be good for 10 meters with a clear path. It seems reasonable to expect something close to that standard.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #719 of 1,588
Where did you buy that clip? Looks like a solid option.
That particular one is from FiiO, though I think other brands have similar product as well. I recall DDHiFi has one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back