iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Mar 16, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #856 of 1,211
I’ve recently picked up the go bar and have noticed that the usb-c connection using the supplied cable has some up and down movement within the device. I can rock the usb c connection up and down a few millimeters. Is this normal?
Yes. The port (and many other ports) have a tiny bit of space to move the plug just a teeny bit up down left or right. Try it with your phone charger or wall outlet plugs. They’re not super glued in place lol

As long as the cable clicks/locks in place, then you’re good. My GO Bar USB C port is a tiny bit slanted and moves a little left and right but it stays and doesn’t lose connection. These Go Bars seem to have some slight imperfect ports from the units I’ve seen, some users are having problems where it cuts out audio out of nowhere a lot, cutting out when barely bending the cable, draining too much power from phone, and more. I got lucky where I can walk with my go bar in my hoodie pocket without any hiccups where others here can’t.

But one thing I do know is that every Go Bar should have that secure click in place when inserting so if yours doesn’t then it’s a problem. If not, you’re good.

I had the same concern myself until I realized that all plugs move around too. Cheers!

Mar 16, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #858 of 1,211
Yes. The port (and many other ports) have a tiny bit of space to move the plug just a teeny bit up down left or right. Try it with your phone charger or wall outlet plugs. They’re not super glued in place lol

As long as the cable clicks/locks in place, then you’re good. My GO Bar USB C port is a tiny bit slanted and moves a little left and right but it stays and doesn’t lose connection. These Go Bars seem to have some slight imperfect ports from the units I’ve seen, some users are having problems where it cuts out audio out of nowhere a lot, cutting out when barely bending the cable, draining too much power from phone, and more. I got lucky where I can walk with my go bar in my hoodie pocket without any hiccups where others here can’t.

But one thing I do know is that every Go Bar should have that secure click in place when inserting so if yours doesn’t then it’s a problem. If not, you’re good.

I had the same concern myself until I realized that all plugs move around too. Cheers!
Thanks so much for the confirmation. So far no drop outs and I get solid click. Cheers.

Mar 16, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #859 of 1,211
Mar 16, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #860 of 1,211
Hi chaps
@phila and I are looking forward to getting a beautiful case for our gold nuggets.
https://world.taobao.com/item/684307171512.htm

Can someone point us to the right contact helping us to buy and ship these to Europe?
Take a look at these, if you like em. They look better in quality IMO. Only thing is I don’t think these can ship to the EU, please check. But any Americans here tho can get this if they’re interested in a very nice case for their Go Bar.

https://m.aliexpress.us/item/325680...&gatewayAdapt=gloPc2usaMsite&_randl_shipto=US

Mar 16, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #861 of 1,211
Take a look at these, if you like em. They look better in quality IMO. Only thing is I don’t think these can ship to the EU, please check. But any Americans here tho can get this if they’re interested in a very nice case for their Go Bar.

https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256805079670286.html?pdp_npi=2@dis!USD!US $29.03!US $18.00!!!!!@2101f6b316790026696664698ef265!12000032415216519!btf&_t=pvid:a1866ea6-b76a-4924-abae-b63a5fa1eff9&afTraceInfo=1005005265985038__msite__c_ppc_item_bridge__xxxxxx__1679002670&spm=a2g0n.ppclist.product.0&gatewayAdapt=gloPc2usaMsite&_randl_shipto=US

ordered mine.
many many thanks.

Mar 16, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #862 of 1,211
We ordered too
Possible from other EU countries but Germany 🙄
But good to have friends in other countries 😃

Mar 21, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #863 of 1,211
@iFi audio Guys I need your help. I have an iDSd pro signature, and 4 months ago, bought a ifi Go Bar Gold for my IEM. One month ago, as it was sitting in my vest pocket with my iphone, the lightning connector broke from the cable, and the go bar wasn't working, except when connected to a computer through a classic USB to lighting cable.
I have bought a quite pricey USB to lightning cable, and it couldn't work with my iphone, or my ipad. the Go bar would lit on, but lit of when a music is played, then lit on when the music is stopped.
I sent it back to the place I have bought it, and today they told me Ifi Audio refused to act because of the damage on the cable. As it is a portable device, and I used it accordingly, and bad luck happens, I'm now one month without any way to use my IEM. could you help me on that case? ty

Mar 21, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #864 of 1,211
@iFi audio Guys I need your help. I have an iDSd pro signature, and 4 months ago, bought a ifi Go Bar Gold for my IEM. One month ago, as it was sitting in my vest pocket with my iphone, the lightning connector broke from the cable, and the go bar wasn't working, except when connected to a computer through a classic USB to lighting cable.
I have bought a quite pricey USB to lightning cable, and it couldn't work with my iphone, or my ipad. the Go bar would lit on, but lit of when a music is played, then lit on when the music is stopped.
I sent it back to the place I have bought it, and today they told me Ifi Audio refused to act because of the damage on the cable. As it is a portable device, and I used it accordingly, and bad luck happens, I'm now one month without any way to use my IEM. could you help me on that case? ty
As I understand you the GO Bar USB Port is free and some non-lightning connection to your PC is working.
Therefore it sounds like you are "only" in need of a new lightning to USB-C cable which is compatible to the Go Bar.
I also have quite some cables here like e.g DDhifi adapters and none of them is working but the Ifi stock cable.
So either Ifi is providing some substitute cable (potentially against money) or you need 3rd party cable.
I remember there were mentionings of cables which should work.
Will need to search through the thread again

Mar 21, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #865 of 1,211
As I understand you the GO Bar USB Port is free and some non-lightning connection to your PC is working.
Therefore it sounds like you are "only" in need of a new lightning to USB-C cable which is compatible to the Go Bar.
I also have quite some cables here like e.g DDhifi adapters and none of them is working but the Ifi stock cable.
So either Ifi is providing some substitute cable (potentially against money) or you need 3rd party cable.
I remember there were mentionings of cables which should work.
Will need to search through the thread again
ha... that would explain why this very expensive cable OEAUDIO OEOTG Câble USB OTG Lightning vers USB-C 12cm wasnt working :frowning2:

Mar 21, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #866 of 1,211
Am sure it is.
Just testing again standard Apple camera connection kit isn't working throwing an error that the connected device is drawing too much power.
There must be a special configuration with that cable as it seems

Mar 21, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #867 of 1,211
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #868 of 1,211
Mar 23, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #870 of 1,211
Good evening.

Has anyone been able to play DSD256 files natively? For me it wouldn't work in any scenario, i.e. connected to my iphone, or laptop, mac, via roon or file direct on the phone.

It will always get downsampled to 352/384 and the DSD256 led never glows. DSD64 files play fine natively.

Does anyone have a chance to test it with your own unit? I am running the latest 2.2a firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back