iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Mar 30, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #886 of 1,211
Ok, done some more test now that the firmware is updated to 2.2a.
DDhifi MFI09 : turns on but it reboots as soon as music is played , both 1.70 and 2.2a behaves the same
OEAUDIO OEOTG : turns on but it reboots as soon as music is played, don't work with 1.70, works fine with 2.2a
Fioo LT LT4 , works fine with 1.70 and 2.2a

Weird enough.... could be my ears, but the LT LT4 is brighter than the OEOTG. To a point where for me, it's a no go. I haven't tested it for hours, but on the three songs I tend to use :
Vamala - 3000 miles
In Mourning - Colossus
Soen - Deceiver

cymbals were way to bright, and the whole color of sound was toward brightness, so the LT LT4 for me will return to son video..com, and I'll keep the OEOTG.
I agree with your findings, but the iPhone does not provide enough current for this device to reach its full potential. As soon as you switch to a full power USB connection a serious veil gets lifted when compared to the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, having this run on an iPhone is awesome, but it seriously lacks the same dynamic punch as a full power USB connection.

Mar 31, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #887 of 1,211
Aye, I have realised that when testing it connected to a USB port
I agree with your findings, but the iPhone does not provide enough current for this device to reach its full potential. As soon as you switch to a full power USB connection a serious veil gets lifted when compared to the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, having this run on an iPhone is awesome, but it seriously lacks the same dynamic punch as a full power USB connection.
I agree with you, having tested it on my computer, the sound is fuller, as you've said, like a veil is lifted. I guess if I wanted a fuller sound, but a less easier "put it in my pocket and forget it device", I would have go to the griffon or a similar product, battery powered. But I didn't, for a good reason:)

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #888 of 1,211
Just received this leather cover. Snug fit, buttons work, but is a bit greener than the photo shows (ordered blue). Not bad for $18 USD and now I can lose the white gloves every time I handle it

20230331_112947371_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #889 of 1,211
Just received this leather cover. Snug fit, buttons work, but is a bit greener than the photo shows (ordered blue). Not bad for $18 USD and now I can lose the white gloves every time I handle it

20230331_112947371_iOS.jpg
Do you still have the plastic film on the dongle or did you take it off? Idk whether to keep it on when I slip in the case when it arrives or take it all off and then case on.

Apr 1, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #891 of 1,211
Do you still have the plastic film on the dongle or did you take it off? Idk whether to keep it on when I slip in the case when it arrives or take it all off and then case on.
I took the plastic film off when I first unboxed. I was concerned about heating the device up with the plastic attached. so I've been handling with white gloves until I got this cover.

Apr 2, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #892 of 1,211
Gorgeous

Attachments

• 2263A2CB-21FF-4A0F-9EAE-D0F985C9FB3A.jpeg
    2263A2CB-21FF-4A0F-9EAE-D0F985C9FB3A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 034D4698-2FA1-4844-B861-3BA5B1F1585F.jpeg
    034D4698-2FA1-4844-B861-3BA5B1F1585F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 3, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #893 of 1,211
You can use the volume control with synchronisation with the device or without synchronisation. if you don't want to use the synchronisation can you tell me how many volume steps are available with the ifi go bar? and is it strong enough for a hifiman XS or is the gryphon the better choice?

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #896 of 1,211
You can use the volume control with synchronisation with the device or without synchronisation. if you don't want to use the synchronisation can you tell me how many volume steps are available with the ifi go bar? and is it strong enough for a hifiman XS or is the gryphon the better choice?

There are 6 leds as volume indicators.
To switch between one LED and the next, I count about 10 volume key presses, so there are about 60 adjustment steps in the 'normal' scale.
Same amount in the 'Turbo mode' scale.
So roughly there are 120 volume steps possible.

The dongle (let's call it a dongle) easily drives headphones.
I usually use the Sundara, the AKG K712-Pro and the Amilo Home (250 ohm).
He flies them without hesitation.
The comparison with the Gryphon is a bit forced, because they are 2 different machines (also in cost), but if I really had to choose, I would take the Gryphon.

Apr 5, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #900 of 1,211
I just received the Fiio LT-LT1 cable and I can confirm that works fine with an iPhone 14 Pro Max and the iFi Go Bar (not gold version) with FW 2.20a. So far, I do not hear any sonic difference between the Fiio cable and the Hiby cable, but I do prefer the fit and finish of the Fiio one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back