iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
May 26, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #121 of 1,190
May 26, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #123 of 1,190
Hmmm all Gold Bars sold out in USA already?

May 26, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #124 of 1,190
May 26, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #125 of 1,190
May 26, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #126 of 1,190
Attention all GO bar owners! Remember to update your device once you receive it. We’re constantly improving and aiming to better your experience, so to max out your GO bar please head over to our website here: https://ifi-audio.com/download-hub/

Thanks!
Was coming here to ask some questions about some oddities and glad I saw this. It's addressed most of them, but still have some questions.

Hardware used:
iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15.5
iPhone SE 2 running iOS 15.5
iPad mini 6 running iPadOS 15.5

Cables:
OEM iFi USB C > Lightning
FiiO LT-LT1 USB C > Lightning
ddHifi MFI06 USB C > Lightning (angled connectors)
ddHifi MFI06S USB C > Lightning (straight connectors)
ddHifi TC05 USB C > USB C

Software (all most recent versions):
Roon
Tidal
Apple Music

The FiiO cable doesn't work with the GO bar at all. Plug it in and it doesn't power it up. This is both before and after updating the firmware and on both iPhones.

For the two ddHifi USB C to Lighting cables. Before updating the firmware they would power the GO bar up, but it would disconnect as soon as I tried to play anything. Post firmware update, they seem to be working fine. The iFi cable did not exhibit this behavior pre-firmware update.

Pre-firmware update, Tidal seemed to have some weird behavior. Fast forwarding in a track would cause it to lose connection and would either have to skip to the next song or unplug/plug back in. This was on both iPhones and the iPad. Also it would disconnect about 15-20 seconds from the end of a track and had to be unplugged/plugged back in. Post-firmware, seems to be okay so far via iPhone. Both Tidal via Roon and Apple Music did not have this issue, so I was prepared to chalk it up to Tidal, but the firmware appears to have fixed it.

Seems the firmware addressed the issue with the ddHifi cables and Tidal playback thankfully, but I'm curious why the FiiO cable isn't working at all as it worked fine with other dongles I had. Also curious why pre-firmware the ddHifi USB C to USB C cable worked fine on the iPad, but the same cable with lighting for the iPhone didn't work. Do both of these have to do with the larger power capability of the dongle exceeding iPhone parameters? Thanks.

May 27, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #127 of 1,190
Hello, I’ve just purchased the newly released iFi Go Bar. When connecting it to iPad using the iFi supplied lightening-to usb-c cable, the unit functions fine. However when I connect it to iPad using the standard Apple’s Lightning-to-USB-Camera-Adapter coupled with the iFi supplied usb-a-to-usb-c cable, there is an error message that “accessory unavailable, too much power drawn”. And the unit won’t work!

Furthermore when I try using other brands lightning-to-usb-c cables (e.g. ddHiHi, labkable) they also won't work!

Thus my question is that is this behaviour normal (barring any issues of my unit), meaning that I can’t use other connector (including those from Apple) except the one supplied by iFi that came with the unit? If so it means I can't afford losing the supplied iFi cable as it would mean I no longer can use iPad to power the unit! AND AND when I go to iFi's official website, I can't find that this supplied [lightning-to usb-c] cable on their product catalogue!!! If all this findings / experience is valid, this supplied cable is the single point of failure of this product if you plan to use iPhone or iPad, once its gone you can only use Macbook!

Does anyone have this experience / findings ??????

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #129 of 1,190
Read my post right above yours and update the firmware if you haven’t already.
Thanks for quick response..
However when I go to iFi's download page and select Go Bar and firmware update, it shows:
Go Bar XMOS firmware v1.54
Download (Zip with instructions PDF)
Release date: May 17, 2022
This download is for: Windows

But my issue/questions is with iPad and iPhone!! I did download the zip file on mac but can't be opened / unzip saying that it's not a supported format!!! I guess I'm trying to expand a windows zip file in Mac OS!

May 27, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #130 of 1,190
Hello, I’ve just purchased the newly released iFi Go Bar. When connecting it to iPad using the iFi supplied lightening-to usb-c cable, the unit functions fine. However when I connect it to iPad using the standard Apple’s Lightning-to-USB-Camera-Adapter coupled with the iFi supplied usb-a-to-usb-c cable, there is an error message that “accessory unavailable, too much power drawn”. And the unit won’t work!

Furthermore when I try using other brands lightning-to-usb-c cables (e.g. ddHiHi, labkable) they also won't work!

Thus my question is that is this behaviour normal (barring any issues of my unit), meaning that I can’t use other connector (including those from Apple) except the one supplied by iFi that came with the unit? If so it means I can't afford losing the supplied iFi cable as it would mean I no longer can use iPad to power the unit! AND AND when I go to iFi's official website, I can't find that this supplied [lightning-to usb-c] cable on their product catalogue!!! If all this findings / experience is valid, this supplied cable is the single point of failure of this product if you plan to use iPhone or iPad, once its gone you can only use Macbook!

Does anyone have this experience / findings ??????

However when I go to iFi's download page and select Go Bar and firmware update, it shows:

But my issue/questions is with iPad and iPhone!! I did download the zip file on mac but can't be opened / unzip saying that it's not a supported format!!! I guess I'm trying to expand a windows zip file in Mac OS!

Attention all GO bar owners! Remember to update your device once you receive it. We’re constantly improving and aiming to better your experience, so to max out your GO bar please head over to our website here: https://ifi-audio.com/download-hub/

Thanks!
Dear iFi, pls help to see if I'm doing something silly or that my understanding is correct? If latter, apparently the windows firmware update doesn't seem to address my issue with iPad / iPhone when using lightning cables other than those came with the Go Bar purchase. Many thanks ..

May 27, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #131 of 1,190

you need a PC with windows to flash your go bar

May 27, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #132 of 1,190
you need a PC with windows to flash your go bar
Ooooh .. Damn it I only have mac and no windows pc. Is there a reason why iFi only facilitate windows users to update sw and firmwares?? That's v odd! BUT can someone answer my Q on the connectivity of iPad / iPhone using 3rd party (to iFi's) lightning adapters? Is this solved by the firmware update?

May 27, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #133 of 1,190
Despite the issue of interoperability of lightning cables, this Go Bar surely is amazing!. Such a tiny package is packed with so many features. And its presentation of sound is gorgeous! With sensitive iems (like SEM9), all i need is to turn on the iematch and can crank up the vol to my liking of loudness! The sound to me, relative to RU6 is more clean, detailed, more precise imaging, v good dynamics gradation! The RU6 on the other hand is somewhat more organic, thicker in sound density but less detailed .. love both dongles! Both dongles can deliver v good dynamics in vocals! They make the vocal jazz I'm listening to flies ..

May 27, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #134 of 1,190

Thanks!
I just received my unit today. How can I update my device FW? I am on Windows. The FW is only a *.bin file without any instructions.

Thanks,
Ying

May 27, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #135 of 1,190
I just received my unit today. How can I update my device FW? I am on Windows. The FW is only a *.bin file without any instructions.

Thanks,
Ying
^ same, how to update the Gold Edition Bar with the .bin file? On Windows 10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back