If you won a million $ what headphones...
Oct 20, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #47 of 59
Invest in cybernetics. I want to jack the music straight in damnit! Screw tinnitus!
icon10.gif
Otherwise, invest all of it in securities and re-invest half the dividends.

Oct 20, 2004 at 10:20 PM Post #48 of 59
i don't think joe has a price tag, he is in retirement for a reason.

I'm sure he's well to do as it is and doesn't need that; ). Maybe he'd do it if u asked him real nice hehehe.

For a million bux? If u think i'd be spending it on audio gear, u guys are nuts!

I'd use it to kick off a buisness, then make some real money (since a million wont go that for in my grand scheme of things). Maybe i'll start a real estate buisness, secure my future, then have time to do something truly profound (a few phds ? : P)

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:01 PM Post #49 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by marios_mar
I think HE90 is what you mean. Orpheus is a system that includes the amp that looks like a temple.

Yeah, I always refer to the HE90's as Orpheus, even without the amp... gotta stop doing that.

We're getting way too many answers that include purchases of frivolous stuff like, uh, houses and cars... yeah, you really need those things
rolleyes.gif
Maybe the question should've been "what headphones and related equipment would you own if cost were no object?"

Oct 21, 2004 at 1:41 AM Post #53 of 59
First I would get a Sennheisser HD-650.
Then I would upgrade the cable.
Then I would upgrade all of my sources.
Then I would put the whole system away in a drawer and never listen to it again because with all of that cash I would be going out and having fun with some super-fine hot chicks!
280smile.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #54 of 59
I'd invest the million in tax free bonds that earn a 5% yield. That would give me nearly $4200 per month to spend on audio stuff.
eek.gif

Just imagine the damage I could do then.
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 1:17 PM Post #58 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
If I won $1M the headphone cords would just get in the way of the models snorting cocaine off my belly

LOL
icon10.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 1:45 PM Post #59 of 59
hm...

i'll prob buy a largeish vinyl collection and a huge cd collection then buy some really good speakers, tt, power conditioners, dacs, cd players [shangling]. once i have this

i'll get

L3k
R10
Opherous
HD650
AKG 1000

for amp
ASL Twinhead /with mods
Sudgen
Blue Hawaii
something else i'll think up ^^

Users who are viewing this thread