If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Aug 24, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #2,266 of 19,256
Ah, no Raptor for me. No room to kick back and listen to my Etys!

Here's a pic of my work office rig I took today for another thread. Parasound zcustom equipment, with my integrated iPod. Speakers for when I don't care about noise for the neighbor offices, which is most of the time

bu6abetu.jpg

Aug 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #2,267 of 19,256
Quote:
Ah, no Raptor for me. No room to kick back and listen to my Etys!

Here's a pic of my work office rig I took today for another thread. Parasound zcustom equipment, with my integrated iPod. Speakers for when I don't care about noise for the neighbor offices, which is most of the time

bu6abetu.jpg

Those are sexy little rack mounted devices.  I like.

Aug 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #2,270 of 19,256
Quote:

+1

I want to know which CD's those are sitting on the desk...

BTW, I'm a retired Army pilot - thus my curiosity about what you fly...
smile.gif

:)

Those particular CD's are "Guitars" by Mike Oldfield, an interesting album that was recommended to me, "Beyond the Desert" by Dave Beegle, who is one of my all-time favorite guitarists and I LOVE his work, despite him being a small-market Colorado unknown, and "Red" by Sammy Hagar, which was a recent acquisition.  Playing on the iPod there is "La Luna" by Sarah Brightman.

I fly C-17's.

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #2,271 of 19,256
:)

Those particular CD's are "Guitars" by Mike Oldfield, an interesting album that was recommended to me, "Beyond the Desert" by Dave Beegle, who is one of my all-time favorite guitarists and I LOVE his work, despite him being a small-market Colorado unknown, and "Red" by Sammy Hagar, which was a recent acquisition.  Playing on the iPod there is "La Luna" by Sarah Brightman.

I fly C-17's.

Tubular Bells is one of my favorite all time albums. I have never heard Guitars, but will check it out!

Do you use the "Husky" call sign? I hear C-17 pilots using it when they come in and out of TCM.

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #2,272 of 19,256
Quote:
Tubular Bells is one of my favorite all time albums. I have never heard Guitars, but will check it out!

Do you use the "Husky" call sign? I hear C-17 pilots using it when they come in and out of TCM.

Yeah, "Guitars" was recommended by a guy that's a big Mike Oldfield fan.  Supposedly, every sound on the album is made by a guitar, including the percussive beats.  I think it's interesting.  I have "Tubular Bells" on hi-rez audio, DVD-A I think.

I used to be stationed at TCM.  The Husky call sign is a local trainer flight there, specific to TCM, so yeah, I used to use it. 

Aug 26, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #2,275 of 19,256
Call me old-school but I still use a Sony CD walkman (D-EJ2000) for a portable.  I like listening to whole CD's and the quality is better than any mp3 player I've heard.  It has a dedicated like out and an optical digital out for an external DAC, which I have yet to try.   I bought it for $100 new, now one can buy a good CD walkman for $10!  How much dough is one willing to spend on a portable rig nowadays?

ps -  A small notebook PC makes a fabulous sourse too.

Old school is good

Aug 26, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #2,276 of 19,256
Nice! It's not on MOG so I'll have to pony up and buy "Guitars."

Makes sense about the Call Sign - I hear it often so obviously they are local.

Fly safe

I'm a huge Mike Oldfield fan. If you like Tubular Bells then Tubular Bells 2 and Amarok will suit you. If you want to see the different directions he has gone in then try Platinum, Five Miles Out, QE2 or Crises. There's so much material out there he has never stopped recording since the early 70s

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #2,280 of 19,256
Hello all Ety fans
smile.gif
. I have ER4P with resistor adapter from ebay and I have custom tips made by piotrus-g (The Custom Art). I love it very much.

I've recently acquired acoustic dampers (actually I will receive free samples from one of Knowles European distributors); I want to try NRB Mod. I know that someone has written that normally when you pull out the dampers from the headphones you will damage the dampers and that there is a way to avoid this. Can someone please describe once again this non-threatening method of pulling the dampers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back