If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Aug 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #2,117 of 19,249
Does the red filters really sound different then the green ones ? I thought the filters were just there to block ear wax and not curve the sound any ? Sorry if I'm wrong but I did not know that :frowning2:

would like to know more about the red filters and also the group buy detail 

All the info about the filters is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/626457/nrb-mod-nut-rattlin-bass-from-an-ety-yes-yes-yes-how-to-nrb-mod

Be sure to look at the links to see how the different filters affect sound. There are also detailed filter comparisons earlier in this thread.

Luisdent is organizing the filter group buy.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #2,118 of 19,249
A frustrating problem for a newbie: 

Which version of the er4s should I get? I will prefer the one that possess the "best" ER4 sound signature:D

I will be using these with an amp (iBasso D-Zero+Sony Z1050/iPod Video).

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #2,119 of 19,249
T
A frustrating problem for a newbie: 

Which version of the er4s should I get? I will prefer the one that possess the "best" ER4 sound signature:D

I will be using these with an amp (iBasso D-Zero+Sony Z1050/iPod Video).

he er4s only has one signature. The er4 series has a few, and the s is usually considered the best, but they all serve different purposes. The p has less treble but is more easily powered by ipod type devices. The s is harder to power but has more neutral treble...

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #2,121 of 19,249
Quote:
The er4s only has one signature. The er4 series has a few, and the s is usually considered the best, but they all serve different purposes. The p has less treble but is more easily powered by ipod type devices. The s is harder to power but has more neutral treble...

So with a D-Zero, do you think it is enough to power the er4-s? Cuz I'm looking for some good treble and extreme clarity:)

Thank you:wink:

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #2,122 of 19,249
Quote:

So with a D-Zero, do you think it is enough to power the er4-s? Cuz I'm looking for some good treble and extreme clarity:)

Thank you:wink:

I haven't heard that amp, but based on the specs you should be o.k.

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #2,124 of 19,249
Quote:
Thanks for replying. Do you know anywhere to get a sweet deal of the ER4-S's?

Unfortunately no.  Someone here just found one one amazon.com from a japanese selling for around $210 I believe.  Otherwise, most stores are asking the $300 retail...

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #2,125 of 19,249
Just finished building a Mini3 for my Etymotic ER-4PT's and pupDAC and I can tell you - nwavguy is full of crap.

I love the ER-4's, by the way.
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #2,129 of 19,249
Quote:
Thanks for the pointers guys on dealing with fit/imbalance!

I wanted to add a couple of tips earlier.

The imbalance (at least for me) comes from pressure in the canal. I alleviate this 2 ways:

1) push it deeper in. I think there's a point where the inner seal is broken somewhat, which allows the mids and treble to come through without interference. I also insert with a twisting motion, so you essentially break the seal every time you move it in deeper.

2) I like the Atrio foams and the Shure Olives, since they don't require the vacuum to seal off the ear canal like the silicones do. However, I find them to be less comfy than the triple flanges, believe it or not. They fill up my ear canal more, creating pressure on the walls of my ears at the proper insertion depth.

Overall, push it in deeper, and twist while you do.

This advice is also applicable to one's love life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back