If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Nov 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #736 of 19,246
Quote:
I need help with the microphonic cable seriously .. I still can take it but it's really really annoying even though I use the clip ... 
Any cable recommendations ? 

loop the cable over your ear, this eliminates most of the microphonics (it really works).

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #737 of 19,246
I really regret selling my ER4. I just bought my first customs, but if those don't give me Ety details I will have to break the bank and buy them again.

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #738 of 19,246
Quote:
I really regret selling my ER4. I just bought my first customs, but if those don't give me Ety details I will have to break the bank and buy them again.

Which customs did you decide on?

I happen to have an ER4S on the way... Prepare for an in-depth ER-6 comparison!

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #739 of 19,246
Dream Earz Aud-7X aka "ES5+"

Given that most people describe the ES5 as mid forward with slightly veiled highs, I highly doubt they will give me Ety sound, but maybe I'll be happy enough with the rest to hold onto my pennies for a while

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #740 of 19,246
So I'm listening to the ER4S and a/b'ing between a rockboxed fuze and the UHA-6S from a laptop. I can't tell a difference. If the 4S needs additional power, shouldn't it be more obvious?

People always say that the ER4S benefits from "more juice." What is a specific example from one song that I can listen for? If I don't need the  Leckerton that would be awesome, and that seems to be the case as of now.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #741 of 19,246
The rockboxed sandisk players are actually pretty powerful. They drove my ER4B sufficiently. Apple products, on the other hand, struggled. 

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #742 of 19,246
Quote:
The rockboxed sandisk players are actually pretty powerful. They drove my ER4B sufficiently. Apple products, on the other hand, struggled. 

Thanks anoxy. I'm going back and forth like a mad man and I keep thinking there may be a difference in sound stage but it's not big enough to be definitive. It disappears. 

Actually I've already decided to sell these because I'm buying a new pair for the warranty. I'm keeping these suckers forever haha. 

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #743 of 19,246
Quote:
Hello, bit late but have you seen stoneaudio.co.uk?
Etymotic Research

Thanks again. Just wanted to say I received a pack of black foam eartips and some 3-flanged eartips. Now my ER-4S will be dressed up for another few years og frequent listening and traveling. 

I also want to add that after I got the Meier Quickstep I have never enjoyed my ER-4S more. It easily beats the iQube and the RSA P-51 Mustang with a better synergy and more power to drive the ER-4S. 

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #744 of 19,246
Guys what's the best way to change the cable? Just pull it out from the housing? 

Quote:
Thanks again. Just wanted to say I received a pack of black foam eartips and some 3-flanged eartips. Now my ER-4S will be dressed up for another few years og frequent listening and traveling. 

I also want to add that after I got the Meier Quickstep I have never enjoyed my ER-4S more. It easily beats the iQube and the RSA P-51 Mustang with a better synergy and more power to drive the ER-4S. 

You notice a difference with more power? What does it sound like? I need to practice listening for attack and dynamics probably.

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #745 of 19,246
without an amp, you should choose the HF-3 or ER4P - with an amp the ER4S. Amp makes a significant difference with the ER4S

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #746 of 19,246
I will always love the way these guys present a piano and a woman's voice. Good stuff.

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #750 of 19,246
I honestly didn't notice much difference amped vs. un-amped. Only that I didn't need to turn up the volume as loud, and I could add some slick bass with the bass boost switch on my Arrow 3G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back