If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Oct 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #631 of 19,246
Quote:
Great Answer SoundStige...
You are The Man!!!
Thanks for being a Great Member.
Jim

etysmile.gif

Funny...

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #632 of 19,246
Quote:
Or just do a continuity test with a multimeter. Continuity will only be found between L and G, and R and G, unless the cable is severely damaged and shorting everywhere. I can help you further by PM if you don't have tools.

Hi soundstige, thanks for replying. I did a bit of searching out side of this forum, and found my answer. Red is the RIGHT channel, Black is the LEFT channel, White is unused and simply needs to be trimmed back..

I have fitted the much more sturdier Neutrik 3.5mm jack. And, damn, thank god. After using the Etymotic's for over a decade, using the other ear buds was simply dreadful.

A break is good for the soul though. Because now, the Etymotic's just sound immense. I look forward to trying them with the P to S adapter, and my portable head phone amp.

Finally. I have book marked this thread. If I need any assistance in the future, I know exactly where to come. Many thanks to all the kind folks who replied to my newbie questions.

Have fun. Anil

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #633 of 19,246
Well, not "unused" I don't believe, but the common ground they both need to create a circuit.

Also I hope you think about trying out this nice P->S mimicker if you haven't already bought the official Ety one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etymotic-ER4P-to-ER4S-3-5MM-plug-resistor-adaptor-/280974324162 I had one for my HF5 and loved it.

Quote:
Hi soundstige, thanks for replying. I did a bit of searching out side of this forum, and found my answer. Red is the RIGHT channel, Black is the LEFT channel, White is unused and simply needs to be trimmed back..

I have fitted the much more sturdier Neutrik 3.5mm jack. And, damn, thank god. After using the Etymotic's for over a decade, using the other ear buds was simply dreadful.

A break is good for the soul though. Because now, the Etymotic's just sound immense. I look forward to trying them with the P to S adapter, and my portable head phone amp.

Finally. I have book marked this thread. If I need any assistance in the future, I know exactly where to come. Many thanks to all the kind folks who replied to my newbie questions.

Have fun. Anil

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #634 of 19,246
Quote:
Well, not "unused" I don't believe, but the common ground they both need to create a circuit.

Also I hope you think about trying out this nice P->S mimicker if you haven't already bought the official Ety one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etymotic-ER4P-to-ER4S-3-5MM-plug-resistor-adaptor-/280974324162 I had one for my HF5 and loved it.

Hi soundstige, I said unused, because I thought perhaps, the white wire was used in models with a microphone? Regardless, I'm using my Etymotic's right now. And, they sound fantastic.

Thanks for the eBay link. That is the exact same seller, item I purchased on the 1st of this month, thanks to a tip from another forum member. I will be interested to hear what the difference is. Perhaps my little Electric Avenues portable amp isn't going to be revealing enough? Time will tell.

Many thanks. Anil

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #635 of 19,246
Oct 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #636 of 19,246
Hoping to fall in love with my 8 year old ER4-S again.

Sadly, I stopped using them, as I could no longer put up with the foamies, flanges, etc. 

I fly overseas quite a bit, and hate to say I've been using Bose Quiet Comfort, strictly for the comfort.

So, I decided to get custom molds, and an Arrow HE 4g, and head back to the Etys.

Picking up the molds Tuesday and Robert says my Arrow will be here Thursday.

Can't wait, and I'll let you know how it turns out!

Thanks to all for their contributions here. Never would have gone this route without all the input.

Cheers!

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #637 of 19,246
Hey while yer doin all that luvin...

Don't forget to check out the NRB Mod.

(Wonder what the babies will look like?)

LOLz, Jim
Quote:
Hoping to fall in love with my 8 year old ER4-S again.

Sadly, I stopped using them, as I could no longer put up with the foamies, flanges, etc. 

I fly overseas quite a bit, and hate to say I've been using Bose Quiet Comfort, strictly for the comfort.

So, I decided to get custom molds, and an Arrow HE 4g, and head back to the Etys.

Picking up the molds Tuesday and Robert says my Arrow will be here Thursday.

Can't wait, and I'll let you know how it turns out!

Thanks to all for their contributions here. Never would have gone this route without all the input.

Cheers!

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #638 of 19,246
Just got a ER-4PT .. so far so good. .. 
k701smile.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #639 of 19,246
Oct 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #640 of 19,246
yah. sounds too flat and very detail. But it seems lacking in bass a bit. Then I tried pairing with cMoyBB . Gosh .. I must be in heaven. =D 

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #641 of 19,246
You may also want to look at the NRB Mod...

Cheers, Jim

yah. sounds too flat and very detail. But it seems lacking in bass a bit. Then I tried pairing with cMoyBB . Gosh .. I must be in heaven. =D 

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #642 of 19,246
I own the ER4P and bought the adapters for over the ear but decided to stick with wearing them down. Anyone want them for $25 shipped CONUS? I paid $37 on ebay. They are brand new. I would have used the FS forum but this seems so specific no one would see it. Really for Ety 4P owners only.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #643 of 19,246
Hi guys. I have a strange question/request.

I recently got the HF3, and they're simply fantastic. However, I have a problem with my left ear that makes it difficult for me to use iems that aren't vented. The sound is good, but when I wiggle the left earpiece a little to break the vacuum, I notice better sound overall. 

Here's my question...Do you think there would be an issue if I tried to place a small vent on the body of the left earpiece to allow some airflow? I spoke with the guys over at Ety, but they said they couldn't do it for me. I understand this would void my warranty, but I'm slightly bordering on desperate. 

I appreciate any input.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #644 of 19,246
How are planning to vent the earpiece?  With a punch or a drill?  Just curious

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #645 of 19,246
Pull the top of your ear back and towards your skull as you insert the IEM.

Quote:
Hi guys. I have a strange question/request.

I recently got the HF3, and they're simply fantastic. However, I have a problem with my left ear that makes it difficult for me to use iems that aren't vented. The sound is good, but when I wiggle the left earpiece a little to break the vacuum, I notice better sound overall. 

Here's my question...Do you think there would be an issue if I tried to place a small vent on the body of the left earpiece to allow some airflow? I spoke with the guys over at Ety, but they said they couldn't do it for me. I understand this would void my warranty, but I'm slightly bordering on desperate. 

I appreciate any input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back