If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jan 17, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #16,096 of 19,272
Been using my Etymotion with ER2XR, ER4XR and ER4SR for a month now. I'm really happy with it overall, especially the sound quality is good, but I wish the cable could be a bit longer to accommodate wearing them over the ear... I can't use it with my Westones either, it's just not long enough.

Jan 17, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #16,097 of 19,272
I had some listening of the ER2XR back last year, now that I have more money, I decided to purchase it for my personal use along side with the Z1R.
My full thought on it can be seen below. I am interested in the upcoming model not gonna lie

https://banbeu.com/etymotic-research-er2xr-review-classical-on-a-budget/
IMG_20210117_150351.jpg

Jan 17, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #16,098 of 19,272
So it a ER3XR with bit more bass but with the ER4 mids/treble, But uses a 1DD with nearly the same speed. Since the ER2XR never sounds fat despite being +5db while other DD IEM's do. The timbre difference could be from that the ER2 driver free from BA peaks/dips, yet has more extension under 50Hz & reaches 18KHz before roll off.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #16,099 of 19,272
New user here,

Purchased the ER4XR after seeing all the praise it got, have to say.. these IEMs are incredible. Gone through quite a few in-ears but none them come close to what's presented here. Did struggle with getting a comfortable fit at first, opted for the Shure Olives which solved this whilst still sounding great. I may look into custom tips in the future but I'm quite happy with the purchase.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #16,100 of 19,272
New user here,

Purchased the ER4XR after seeing all the praise it got, have to say.. these IEMs are incredible. Gone through quite a few in-ears but none them come close to what's presented here. Did struggle with getting a comfortable fit at first, opted for the Shure Olives which solved this whilst still sounding great. I may look into custom tips in the future but I'm quite happy with the purchase.

I started using their dual-flange tips which I feel are an improvement over the triple, though still no where as comfortable as a single.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #16,101 of 19,272
I started using their dual-flange tips which I feel are an improvement over the triple, though still no where as comfortable as a single.
Those were included also, think I prefer the triple-flange tips surprisingly.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #16,103 of 19,272
For me the small beige ety foams are the best, I've often wondered why they aren't included by default. The grey medium tips look enormous and there's even a size larger than that!

I’ll try and get a few of those, the grey tips included are indeed huge!

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #16,105 of 19,272
For me the small beige ety foams are the best, I've often wondered why they aren't included by default. The grey medium tips look enormous and there's even a size larger than that!

I’ll try and get a few of those, the grey tips included are indeed huge!

I agree that the beige foams are great. They are so comfortable and isolate very well. I've recommended them a few times here to people who find the other ones uncomfortable but in general it seems like they are barely known or used. I usually use the grey ones because they do have even better isolation and become comfortable after they squish for a while!

I think the "size larger than that" you refer to may be the yellow ones? Yeah, they are HUGE. I tried them and found them to be completely unwearable. :D

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #16,106 of 19,272
I agree that the beige foams are great. They are so comfortable and isolate very well. I've recommended them a few times here to people who find the other ones uncomfortable but in general it seems like they are barely known or used. I usually use the grey ones because they do have even better isolation and become comfortable after they squish for a while!

I think the "size larger than that" you refer to may be the yellow ones? Yeah, they are HUGE. I tried them and found them to be completely unwearable. :D

Yes, the yellow ones! They're absolutely huge.

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #16,110 of 19,272
I got the ER2SE with brown filters in, double flange tips. These are amazing. Stock filters are good, but kind of lacked a little bit of treble. Brown filters are sooooo good. I'm really mid-bass sensitive, so the SE is absolutely perfect for me. Endgame and I only hit one "dud" in my search before coming to these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back