If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jan 29, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #11,521 of 19,251
The Zoom F8 with the Sennheiser Ambeo VR mic looks like a pretty good VR recording setup.
Zoom_F8_VR_2.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #11,524 of 19,251
is there any chance you'll use a high quality mic in there that might do well for mono recordings? or*gasp* even a stereo mic??

It's going to be an MFi product like the hf3 and will have a similar microphone. It's going to be geared more towards communication use. A state-of-the-art portable mic would be cool, but probably not practical (or generally appreciated by most users) for this application.

Jan 31, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #11,525 of 19,251
Etydave any idea on when I could order some spare cables for my ER4 XR? Mine broke and the Australian distributor has been waiting for a couple months?

I'm not sure why you can't get them now. I'll turn over a couple of rocks and see what I can find out.

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #11,529 of 19,251
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if you guys (gals) think its worth converting my ER4P's into balanced? I purchased these about 8 years ago along with Shure E4's thinking I would try each out and then return the one I didn't like as much. I let too much time go by and couldn't return them...LOL. So, I pretty much listened to the E4's mainly because the ER4P's were a little too bright and had less bottom end than the E4's. So the ER4P's sat LITERALLY unused for all those years. We'll, I'm back in the game and have purchased a Cayin N5MII and let me tell you....the ER4P's are the bees knees, as they say. I prefer them over the E4's now so what do ya'll think? Is it worth the conversion to balanced?

thanks

Spiro

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #11,530 of 19,251
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if you guys (gals) think its worth converting my ER4P's into balanced? I purchased these about 8 years ago along with Shure E4's thinking I would try each out and then return the one I didn't like as much. I let too much time go by and couldn't return them...LOL. So, I pretty much listened to the E4's mainly because the ER4P's were a little too bright and had less bottom end than the E4's. So the ER4P's sat LITERALLY unused for all those years. We'll, I'm back in the game and have purchased a Cayin N5MII and let me tell you....the ER4P's are the bees knees, as they say. I prefer them over the E4's now so what do ya'll think? Is it worth the conversion to balanced?

thanks

Spiro

Nothing wrong with going balanced since you already have the balanced source for it. If you know how to solder, the conversion should be relatively easy as you can mod the stock cable to balanced by re-terminating it with a balanced plug (then you can get a balanced-to-single ended adapter and enjoy it either way).

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #11,531 of 19,251
Thanks they said it was on backorder.

Have made an order for one on amazon but won’t come til late feb. tried to order online from ety store but was like $65usd shipping!

$65 for shipping? Yikes. I can see why that didn't work for you.

I'll see what I can find out about cables closer to you.

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #11,532 of 19,251
Nothing wrong with going balanced since you already have the balanced source for it. If you know how to solder, the conversion should be relatively easy as you can mod the stock cable to balanced by re-terminating it with a balanced plug (then you can get a balanced-to-single ended adapter and enjoy it either way).

While this is true, some of the older ER-4P earphones had a common ground from the splitter down to the 3.5mm plug, so you might have to make the balanced from the Y junction point.

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #11,533 of 19,251
$65 for shipping? Yikes. I can see why that didn't work for you.

I'll see what I can find out about cables closer to you.

As long as the order is un
Thanks they said it was on backorder.

Have made an order for one on amazon but won’t come til late feb. tried to order online from ety store but was like $65usd shipping!

We sell the cable on our website for $49. As long as the value of the order is less than $50, etymotic.com should offer you a US Mail shipping option for $6.50. It takes a little longer, but it's definitely cheaper than UPS Expedited Service. Let me know if you encounter any problems with this. Feel free to email me at r_carlson@etymotic.com if you prefer.

Feb 1, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #11,534 of 19,251
Thanks for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back