If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Mar 23, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #10,503 of 19,251
Here's my take on the 4XR:

in English: http://www.head-fi.org/products/etymotic-er4xr/reviews/18274

in German: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/03/etymotic-er4xr.html

beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #10,504 of 19,251
Hello

The cable going to my left ER4XR has developed a fault. There's no visible damage but I can't hear anything on the left ear. If I wiggle the cable a bit the sound comes back but only for a short time.

How is the warranty handled? Do I need to contact Thomann or Etymotic to have the cable replaced? (I live in Sweden)

Brgds...   /Thomas-

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #10,505 of 19,251
  Hello

The cable going to my left ER4XR has developed a fault. There's no visible damage but I can't hear anything on the left ear. If I wiggle the cable a bit the sound comes back but only for a short time.

How is the warranty handled? Do I need to contact Thomann or Etymotic to have the cable replaced? (I live in Sweden)

Brgds...   /Thomas-

Hi Thomas:
Warranty claims are typically handled by us directly, and most resellers will end up directing to you us as well. Feel free to pm me or email me at r_carlson@etymotic.com and we'll get it sorted for you.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #10,506 of 19,251
I've owned my ER4PT for just over 6 years now and it's only now showing signs of issues around the 3.5mm jack connection like what happened at the initial decline of my ER6i IEMs.  At that time, the ER4 line as the obvious upgrade both for quality of build and sound.

I'm wondering whether I should get my ER4 PT serviced / buy a 3rd party cable or to buy the ER4 XR.

For those that have owned both,what would you recommend?  I used my IEMs more than my desk headphones as I have them on me whenever commuting to and from work and when around the house.  I was also thinking about getting a 3rd party plug so that the jack would fit some of the narrow openings present on phone protectors, (it looks like the ER4 XR has the thinner jack with the thicker reinforcement still present for support close to the right angle.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #10,509 of 19,251
Mar 31, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #10,513 of 19,251
  @EtyDave any news on the balanced cable?

The samples were approved but there were some delays in production.  I'll post a status update as soon as I have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back