If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Apr 12, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #10,531 of 19,246

depending on the situation and your age, an orthodontist might be able to help. the tricky thing about this being that an orthodontist will almost always want to do something even when you probably shouldn't. to a hammer everything is a nail.

Yep, several months ago I went to dentist to have 1 teeth filled, I ended up having 5 fixed at the dentist recommendation. 

Could just be sinus pressure. Have you heard of the neti pot? Or nasopure? Try popping your ears like when you are on a plane.

I'm pretty sure is my tooth, some minor alignment problem. 
Never expected my tooth to affect sound quality though, lol. 

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #10,533 of 19,246
B&H has them for $299.00 with free expedited shipping and free pair of ER20XS thrown in.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1265067&gclid=COud-YGYp9MCFVOHswodVgkMHg&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&A=details&Q=

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #10,535 of 19,246
Be aware that no custom tips allow for deep insertion of the etys. The barrel size is the same for the new models, so searching way back in the thread will still provide relevant information

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #10,536 of 19,246
I'll be sure and post my impressions (no pun intended) of the Sensaphonics once I get them. I'm going to the audiologist on Wednesday. Every review I've seen has been positive. These are my main earphones and I use them daily, so if these tips can have the sound quality of the triflanges with improved comfort it will be worth the investment.

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #10,537 of 19,246
Finally tried the legendary Etys, both the SR and the XR yesterday, and what an immense sounding IEM it was to me - nothing like I'd expected, so resolving and detailed, clear and neutral. I'd thought they'd be thin sounding and uninspiring, but the vocals are so desirable. Only dilemma now is trying to decide between the SR, XR or the HF5. Actually, is the HF5 even worth considering after both the SR and XR?

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #10,543 of 19,246
The XR might be the best sounding universal IEM ever made. It just seems so tip/seal dependent that getting them to sound like they're capable of can be a battle. The triflanges sound the best but can be a little brutal on the ears.

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #10,544 of 19,246
Biggest difference between the two, imo, besides the bass of course is the mids. The SR mids are dryer and the XR are more lush. For female vocals, I preferred the SR. Same thing for classical. 

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #10,545 of 19,246
Biggest difference between the two, imo, besides the bass of course is the mids. The SR mids are dryer and the XR are more lush. For female vocals, I preferred the SR. Same thing for classical. 

I knew I heard something slightly different besides the bass, or it's probably just the bass skewing my perception. Anyway, definitely looking to hunt a pairof these down for myself soon, XR or SR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back