If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Apr 18, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #7,366 of 19,246

Doubt it will be anything else. There is almost no other BA that can fit the Etymotic ideal curve so perfectly.

I think so. Actually I didn't ask about BA in it, I'm not interested in. (About BA, I just asked if there's new driver or tuning.. anyway, still no answer)

I asked about specs and differences between current series.

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #7,368 of 19,246

There's no information about it, still waiting. I sent an e-mail to Etymotic, if they answer I'll share.

Etymotic has exemplary customer support, but seems very secretive whenever you start talking about new releases/products. They simply don't reply at all, in most cases.

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #7,370 of 19,246
Oh, no! I need to now spend $350. I was not expecting this.

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #7,372 of 19,246
Same here, the only question is which one. I do like neutral more, but if the other one is just slightly more warm, that might be worth considering. I'm looking forward to trying them also. 

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #7,373 of 19,246
I wouldn't be surprised if the difference was just in the resistance again, so a simple adapter would be sufficient to turn the ER-4 PT successor into the ER-4S successor like it was possible to turn the PT into the S (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the PT even comes with that adapter included).

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #7,375 of 19,246
  I wouldn't be surprised if the difference was just in the resistance again, so a simple adapter would be sufficient to turn the ER-4 PT successor into the ER-4S successor like it was possible to turn the PT into the S (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the PT even comes with that adapter included).

Right.

http://www.etymotic.com/consumer/accessories/er4/er38-24.html

"Can't decide between the ER•4PT and the ER•4S? You have both with this adapter. Adapter is included with the ER•4PT."

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #7,376 of 19,246

We haven't been given the actual release date in the Customer Service Dept., but I know we're still a few weeks out yet. I'm looking forward to reading feedback from everyone once we start shipping.

If you've emailed our Customer Service Dept. about the earphones and haven't gotten a response yet, please let me offer my apologies. As you'd expect with any new product release, there are still details that need to be worked out before I can really comment on them. Fortunately, one of our engineers will be jumping on in the next day or so to field some of your questions, so please stay tuned!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words on this thread. It's been a pleasure reading about your experiences with the ER4.

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #7,377 of 19,246
Hey Everybody,

I'm Dave, the engineer that Rick mentioned above.  I'm going to do my best to answer some of the questions you have and clarify what the new ER4 earphones are (and aren't).  There are some things I won't get into (like who we source components from) but I'll try to jump in and help with info as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back