If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Mar 6, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #7,126 of 19,246
Would it be possible to source pins from two different parts?

Even if you got the right Ety pins, there are still the problem of getting them into the right plastic mold with the correct spacing as well as having the resistors soldered in.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #7,127 of 19,246
One modification I made on these adapters. I drilled two holes on the PC board so that the cable comes out parallel to the drivers. This makes going around the ears much easier and flush. See pictures below

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #7,128 of 19,246
One modification I made on these adapters. I drilled two holes on the PC board so that the cable comes out parallel to the drivers. This makes going around the ears much easier and flush. See pictures below

The picture suggests you need to be inserting your Etys much deeper in order to reveal their true potential. They will also fit much better with the standard cable exit, if you do that.
You may need smaller tips in order to insert them to the correct depth.

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #7,129 of 19,246
:open_mouth: Can you post a picture of how deep do you insert them?

The picture suggests you need to be inserting your Etys much deeper in order to reveal their true potential. They will also fit much better with the standard cable exit, if you do that.
You may need smaller tips in order to insert them to the correct depth.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #7,130 of 19,246
:open_mouth: Can you post a picture of how deep do you insert them?

There are plenty of examples to be found in the thread gallery, including this one. Please ignore any photo of the ER4 being used with custom tips as these generally do not allow a deep enough insertion. This shows why. Normal insertion would have the end of the barrel at the end of the tip.

Under "Recent Images In This Thread" click on "view all" and you can scroll through...

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #7,131 of 19,246
Would it be possible to source pins from two different parts?

Even if you got the right Ety pins, there are still the problem of getting them into the right plastic mold with the correct spacing as well as having the resistors soldered in.

I have adjusted my original post to reflect the info you provided ClieOS. Thank you again for saving me in material cost and shipping times just to find out it is not viable. I thought maybe if it was close enough I could simply use the pins from the Ety adapter and modify the FitEar housing to accommodate the pins..but again more work and cost than necessary. I have decided to go with another option but it requires me to have the ER-4S on hand before any work can begin. 

It is now that I wish I had Amazon Prime so that I could begin enjoying my own Ety's rather than staring at pics of everyone else's....

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #7,133 of 19,246
any one tried this cable?is there big improvement on sq? thinking of getting this one the s or p?which do u prefer guys the s or p?thank you

The S is the definitive Ety sound. The P was introduced to be more compatible with low powered players and phones. So, unless you are going to be using it with a very low powered device, S is the way to go.

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #7,135 of 19,246

Go for the PT version. You'll get a P to S adapter. Best of both worlds.

The cable he is considering has the S impedance built-in, so this is only an option if he were to choose a P cable and then buy a separate in-line adapter. It's much nicer to use just a single cable.

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #7,136 of 19,246
I still use and love my ER4Ps with the S cable, custom Westone molds, and an old Xin Supermacro 3 v6 amp with 634(? I think) opamps. I've not heard any headphone/amp combo I like more. These earphones kick serious butt, even after all these years!

Mar 8, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #7,137 of 19,246
I still use and love my ER4Ps with the S cable, custom Westone molds, and an old Xin Supermacro 3 v6 amp with 634(? I think) opamps. I've not heard any headphone/amp combo I like more. These earphones kick serious butt, even after all these years!

Care to share how many years? Seeing these IEM's are 18 years old, so far the record has been 7.

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #7,139 of 19,246
  Care to share how many years? Seeing these IEM's are 18 years old, so far the record has been 7.

Don't think so. Mine are first year of production and I am the original owner
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back