1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...

First

Back
926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935
937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946
Next

Last
  1. Schwarzschild
    Get them!! You won't be dissapointed. They are easily driven by my Iphone 6, and Sony DAP, with the volume a tad higher than normal.

I am wondering about custom molds myself. I use tri-flanges as they provide the best fit out of the included tips, and (to me) best sound quality. However I almost never seem to have the perfect fit, or it takes multiple insertions. Would custom molds possibly fix this issue while keeping the same audio quality? I know they can be expensive as well.

2. SilverEars
    When you EQ stuff based on graphs, you want accurate graphs as the baseline.

Heavymetal Halleluja's graphs I wouldn't consider to have very good accuracy. Although Crin's seem more assuring for use as a better baseline, I'm not entirely sure of it's precision in accuracy either. Heavymetal Halleluja's is obviously less accurate than Crin's.

You should search in this thread for images and postings about custom tips. And also suggested insertion depth for ideal peak response, which I'm sure is the deepest you can insert the Ety. Majority of the postings on here about insertion, and your question is related to that as well. Can you get as good insertion with it. If you get a quality custom tip made, I have no doubt that the fit will be better, but I have doubt that the insertion depth would be.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  3. micgao
    At the beginning of March, customer support told me balanced cables would be on the way in a month or two. Half a year later...

4. twiceboss
    Im finding a 2.5mm balance cable for my er2se but could not find it with an angled mmcx. All i see is $50 cost. I just want something cheap like $20. Can anyone help me link to any of cheaper 2.5mm cable with angled mmcx?

5. jdmoorman
    twiceboss likes this.
  6. twiceboss
  7. nornicle
    i use customfit moulds. the drivers are set a little further away, however whatever audio changes i have not noticed or gotten used to over time... and the fact that i can slip in perfectly fitted moulds makes them worth every dollar... no pain, no squeezing it really is great.. it makes me worry i can’t wear universals again without whinging haha...

do people have any upgrade suggestions i’m considering the u12t, andromeda s as next iems to test out.

8. Sunstealer

I've just sold my ER4XR as I was getting a little bored with the flat response. It was definitely good to experience it but now I'm heading back towards balanced / reference.

I would suggest Empire Ears ESR (which i have just bought and am pretty happy with), Noble Savant / Encore / Katana or Ultimate Ears UERR.

9. guicnovaes
    I am waiting for an ER3XR to arrive. However, I just realized that there are several reports on "side stop working" in Amazon reviews and now I'm a little worried, since I live in Brazil and to send it back is very complicated. Has anyone here ever had a problem with ER3?

10. panasonicst60
    I honestly think etymotics are extremely durable. I had one but it wasn't er3s that last for years and years. I wouldn't worry if I was you.

11. stephanemtl
    Anybody knows if the ER4 nozzle is smaller than the nozzle of the Final Audio E-series? I tried the Final Audio E5000 and thought it was a bit big for my small ear canals. I want to know if the Etymotic ER4XR is smaller... better for small ears. Thanks!

12. dairy
    Yes, both the barrell itself and the nozzle where the tip is placed are smaller than the E5000s. The nozzle, in particular, is significantly thinner and longer than the E5000 nozzle.

13. stephanemtl
    Thank you! I think I am ready to make the jump into the Ety world of sound :wink:

Now, any tips to help me choose between the ER4XR and SR models? I am looking for speed, detail and clarity, and a neutral signature, with (as much as possible) good extension at the top and the bottom... without sounding warm.

In short, which model offers the best balance between the lows and the highs?

14. panasonicst60
    The ER4XR and ER3SE are extremely balanced. Do keep in mine that I am not a bass head. I like balanced sound. The tri tips are probably the best for sound quality if they fit your ears. The foams are best for noise isolation, but it does tames down the highs ever so slightly. But it also increases the bass in a good way.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  15. dairy
    Personally, I went with the 4XRs and glad that I did. I don't think I would enjoy an IEM with any less bass than the 4XRs, but that really depends on your own personal preferences. I also have the E5000 and enjoy how warm they are, but compared to the E5000, both the ER4XR and SR would sound much more neutral.

You can also consider the ER3SE or ER2 series. I actually just purchased a pair of ER2XRs for my daily commute. I was wanting a bit more bass than what my 4XRs were giving me when I'm out.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
First

Back
926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935
937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946
Next

Last