If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jul 15, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #8,686 of 19,246
  A subtle, but small raised dot somewhere on one of the channel housing always works.  I would imagine it's a simple feature to implement just like Grado did with their GR8/10 iems. You kill two birds with one stone (form/function).

Yep, a raised dot is easy and works.  I might also burn in the L/R detail a bit so they are raised a bit more.

Jul 15, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #8,688 of 19,246
  A small, but visible, little red/green dot for right/left side stamped in the housing would be nice.

That would certainly look nice.

Because of the way we match the housings, we intentionally don't mark them left or right; all of the marking is done on the cable side.  If we didn't do our tight L/R channel match, marking the housings wouldn't be too big of a deal.

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #8,689 of 19,246
I like to look at my iems before I put them in. Not one to feel around. that doesn't work for me. Even a little red dot does it for me. I used a red sharpie for my xaomi pistons 2. I've been made fun of by people I don't even know for the red blue and green stock cable. Good thing I don't care! Sound too good.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #8,691 of 19,246
  Hello EtyDave,

sorry for the delay.

Are these will be good enough?

Thanks for posting that; it is tremendously helpful.

Based on that photo, I actually believe they are the same tip.  The ones on the left have been used so long that they have become engorged and the color has changed slightly.  At this point, I probably wouldn't use the ones on the left anymore; they look like they are about to fall apart.

We usually recommend people change the 3-flange tips every few months or so.  Over a long enough time frame, interaction with the cerumen in the ear canal can affect the eartip and it's best to stop using them before the material weakens.  The rate of breakdown does depend a bit on the chemistry of the particular user. 

That's probably more info than anybody wanted to read. 
blink.gif

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #8,693 of 19,246
EtyDave, you mean, it changed from its original size and became little bit "stretched"?

Well, stretched is probably not the word I would use. With use, the material has expanded a little bit. Either way, the end result is that it is a little larger.

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #8,694 of 19,246
Well, stretched is probably not the word I would use. With use, the material has expanded a little bit. Either way, the end result is that it is a little larger.

Yeah,  "expanded" is the right word in this case.
English is not my native language therefore grammar mistakes & other issues may occur from time to time.
frown.gif

Sorry about that.

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #8,695 of 19,246
English is not my native language therefore grammar mistakes & other issues may occur from time to time.:frowning2:
Sorry about that.

Oh, no need to apologize at all. I just changed the wording for clarity and to prevent possible confusion by others reading.

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #8,696 of 19,246
English is not my native language therefore grammar mistakes & other issues may occur from time to time.
frown.gif

Sorry about that.

I've no doubt the most excellent EtyDave would agree: no one that speaks multiple languages should apologize to Americans for their English grammar usage... most of us barely speak (let alone spell) one!

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #8,697 of 19,246
I've no doubt the most excellent EtyDave would agree: no one that speaks multiple languages should apologize to Americans for their English grammar usage... most of us barely speak (let alone spell) one!

Absolutely. It's a wonderful thing to interact with people all over the world. I've always admired those who can converse well in multiple languages. It's a skill I wish I was better at.

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #8,698 of 19,246
I understand all of that and agree. I would say the best, easily agreed upon solution is just to add a thick molded dot near the L or R on on side of the cable piece. As long as i can feel it easily I wouldn't care if it had colors or not. I prefer that, but agree it wouldnt look as good with the current design.

It doesn't have to be massive. Just enough to feel with your nail or finger. It's actually pretty hard to feel either marking on there now. :-o

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #8,699 of 19,246

Absolutely. It's a wonderful thing to interact with people all over the world. I've always admired this who can converse well in multiple languages. It's a skill I wish I was better at.

my secret method is to play online game on servers from other continents(OMG lag!!!). that way you get speed trained on how to get insulted in all languages(online gamers just love warping people from another continent ^_^). the rest comes naturally. when everybody hates your guts, it gives a special feeling that no matter how bad you'll express yourself, it won't make things worst.
deadhorse.gif
it weirdly liberating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back