If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
May 30, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #6,017 of 19,253

It really seems interesting, never heard about it. I don't know if someone have but if you'll buy, please share your opinions.

its interesting indeed, there are two versions, one is apparently for the er4-p, while another is for er4-s, so im not sure if the s version means that the 75ohm resistor is built in, would be really nice if there is no need for another p-s adaptor cable. Currently holding back as it is only sold in Japan, would like to clarify if the differences between the 2 versions.

May 30, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #6,018 of 19,253
To chime in on the gym ER4S gym experience, I've been using the ER4S at the gym with the cable wrapped and over the ear for years with no issues. I do a fair amount of cardio as well, and sweat hasn't been a problem. No microphonics to speak of, and the isolation is unparalleled.

Concerning EQ, I don't EQ the ER4S with reds, although it can benefit from a tiny bit, but I'd definitely use it on something like the LCD-X. Everyone has different EQ needs.

May 30, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #6,019 of 19,253
  its interesting indeed, there are two versions, one is apparently for the er4-p, while another is for er4-s, so im not sure if the s version means that the 75ohm resistor is built in, would be really nice if there is no need for another p-s adaptor cable. Currently holding back as it is only sold in Japan, would like to clarify if the differences between the 2 versions.

I think yes, it seems S version inc. 75 ohm adapter cause as you said there's 2 versions and that means it.

May 30, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #6,020 of 19,253
Guys I'm at the Headphonium at T.H.E. Show in Newport and just heard something that I think might be able to compete with the ER4S. And it's from Noble of all companies. Let's just say I haven't liked anything they've ever done, and I strongly disagree with the secrecy they shroud over their development process.

All that aside, their yet-to-be-released earphone, the Savant, is dammed neutral, and extremely well balanced. On first listen I was reminded of the ER4S but with more bass. This is what I've been looking for, what everyone in this thread has been looking for, since we discovered the ER4S. Not to mention the Savant is extremely light and fits over the ear.

What's inside? Dynamic? BA? Both? Noble wouldn't say. He said they might be a hybrid, but would confirm nothing.

Before I rave anymore about it, it'd be awesome to get a second pair of experienced ears to check them out. They're aren't an incredibly deep fit like the ER4, so sound quality/neutrality might differ between ears more than we're used to in this thread.

If it means anything, Zack from ZMF Headphones also thought they sounded amazing, as good or better than the K10. (I don't at all like the K10, but there you have it).

May 31, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #6,022 of 19,253
Guys I'm at the Headphonium at T.H.E. Show in Newport and just heard something that I think might be able to compete with the ER4S. And it's from Noble of all companies. Let's just say I haven't liked anything they've ever done, and I strongly disagree with the secrecy they shroud over their development process.

All that aside, their yet-to-be-released earphone, the Savant, is dammed neutral, and extremely well balanced. On first listen I was reminded of the ER4S but with more bass. This is what I've been looking for, what everyone in this thread has been looking for, since we discovered the ER4S. Not to mention the Savant is extremely light and fits over the ear.

What's inside? Dynamic? BA? Both? Noble wouldn't say. He said they might be a hybrid, but would confirm nothing.

Before I rave anymore about it, it'd be awesome to get a second pair of experienced ears to check them out. They're aren't an incredibly deep fit like the ER4, so sound quality/neutrality might differ between ears more than we're used to in this thread.

If it means anything, Zack from ZMF Headphones also thought they sounded amazing, as good or better than the K10. (I don't at all like the K10, but there you have it).

Great to hear! I've been keeping my eyes on the Noble 4 for a while when I recently heard of the Savant and began thinking that it was an upgraded N4 (re: upgraded ER4S). Any chance you heard the N4 at all and might be able to compare the two?

May 31, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #6,024 of 19,253

How do I hear this thing?

May 31, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #6,025 of 19,253

I have the Savant as a review unit since couple of weeks back. Wouldn't say it is neutral. There is a slight spike in the upper frequencies and a boosted bass. But a lovely sound signature nonetheless.

May 31, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #6,026 of 19,253

That sounds like Noble might be going the way of the Heir Tzar line that to me is an ER4 on steroides

May 31, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #6,028 of 19,253
Only tried ER4S a while back, it's en route after I liked it. Will report back! It should be here on Monday. 

Slight V shaped frequency response on the Savant, but performance price ratio wise I think it's really great.

May 31, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #6,029 of 19,253
I have the Savant as a review unit since couple of weeks back. Wouldn't say it is neutral. There is a slight spike in the upper frequencies and a boosted bass. But a lovely sound signature nonetheless.

Based on everything I read, the N4 should be the most neutral IEM made by Noble. I would be very interested in an IEM that is comfortable to wear and sounds neutral without modding (cable replacement, EQ and/or filter rolling). Isolation should be in the same ballpark as ety, too. Any experiences anyone?

For the time being I'm just using dba-02mkii BTW.

May 31, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #6,030 of 19,253
Based on everything I read, the N4 should be the most neutral IEM made by Noble. I would be very interested in an IEM that is comfortable to wear and sounds neutral without modding (cable replacement, EQ and/or filter rolling). Isolation should be in the same ballpark as ety, too. Any experiences anyone?

For the time being I'm just using dba-02mkii BTW.

I think the Ety in terms of published specs give the highest noise isolation, if I am not mistaken?

The Noble UIEMs come with the olive tips as used in Shure products, the isolation is excellent on that, seems comfortable to me also. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back