IEMs
Aug 17, 2012 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bobbert

New Head-Fier
First,I'd like to say thank you to the Head-Fi community for educating me and enhancing my listening experience.
I recently ordered a pair of ATH-M50s and they're amazing. But they do not isolate/detonate/cancel out as much noise as I'd like when I'm out. I miss my old pair of "Sony Earbuds" (link below). I thoguht they were amazing as they were my first pair of IEMs and first set of headphones/earbuds over 15$... But it's been some time since and I know that there has to be something better than those.
I'm looking for a good pair of IEMs (or just plain out in-ears) under 150$.
Thanks.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Earbud+Headphones+-+Blue/2204132.p?id=1218314733609&skuId=2204132&st=Select_Sony_Earbuds_08122012&cp=1&lp=6

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
First,I'd like to say thank you to the Head-Fi community for educating me and enhancing my listening experience.
I recently ordered a pair of ATH-M50s and they're amazing. But they do not isolate/detonate/cancel out as much noise as I'd like when I'm out. I miss my old pair of "Sony Earbuds" (link below). I thoguht they were amazing as they were my first pair of IEMs and first set of headphones/earbuds over 15$... But it's been some time since and I know that there has to be something better than those.
I'm looking for a good pair of IEMs (or just plain out in-ears) under 150$.
Thanks.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Earbud+Headphones+-+Blue/2204132.p?id=1218314733609&skuId=2204132&st=Select_Sony_Earbuds_08122012&cp=1&lp=6

Oh boy!!! Welcome to the spiral...
1st it starts out with $15.00 earbuds, than $100 IEMs... You're doomed. Enjoy the ride
etysmile.gif

I ended up selling off all my on ear/over ear gear and solely use IEMs now. Believe it or not I prefered my Westone UM2 RC over my Beyer DT-880/Crack amp.
Now I'm going the CIEM route. I have a pair of customs on order with 1964 ears.

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #3 of 5
The Sony EX600(very crisp, clear mids, highs with decent punchy bass), JVC FXD80(very detailed with deep punchy bass and overall fun to listen), GR07(offers fairly wide soundstage and overall crsip clear and balanced with tight punchy bass), UE TF10Pro( wide soundstage, deep tight bass and detailed), Etymotic HF5( little cold, bright and basslight compared to others but overall shows more details in mids, highs with fairly good bass) are great buy under this price and they all serve many genres well.

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Oh boy!!! Welcome to the spiral...
1st it starts out with $15.00 earbuds, than $100 IEMs... You're doomed. Enjoy the ride
etysmile.gif

I ended up selling off all my on ear/over ear gear and solely use IEMs now. Believe it or not I prefered my Westone UM2 RC over my Beyer DT-880/Crack amp.
Now I'm going the CIEM route. I have a pair of customs on order with 1964 ears.

Yeah I'm already caught in it, my first pair i ordered (Meelectronics M9) hasn't even came in the mail yet and I've already ordered the Klipsch Reference S4 & scouting prices on the TF10 :frowning2:

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #5 of 5
I was looking for some for my wife, she wants bass, but not like the Atrio M7 or the UE TF10 ... would the GR07 that isn't too far away from a V-shaped sound signature but isn't completely flat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back