IEM's with huge soundstage and bass?
Feb 23, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #77 of 83
so the IE80 is still the best when it comes to having both a big soundstage and deep sub-bass? seriously considering picking one up this week, but would love to know how wearing them straight down is. is it comfortable and does it isolate well? i commute in nyc, and comfort, fit, and isolation are important, as i'm constantly on the go with my IEMs (walking, bus, and subways).

Feb 23, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #78 of 83
  so the IE80 is still the best when it comes to having both a big soundstage and deep sub-bass? seriously considering picking one up this week, but would love to know how wearing them straight down is. is it comfortable and does it isolate well? i commute in nyc, and comfort, fit, and isolation are important, as i'm constantly on the go with my IEMs (walking, bus, and subways).

Is it better than the Shure SE846? 

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #80 of 83

I am also considering the ie80s but I would like to know about the sound leakage (I don't really want to disturb others with my raving beats haha! :p) since I've heard that isolation and sound leakage kinda go together

Feb 24, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #82 of 83
The Sony XBA-H3 is right up there with the IE80 for soundstage. The H3 has more sub-bass and less mid-bass but still bassy nonetheless.

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #83 of 83
Isolation was mediocre on the IE8 and since they're fairly similar I'd suppose the IE80 is as open. They're not made to isolate very well. Rather have an open feeling.

some here have mentioned that wearing the ie80 straight down have improved isolation. do you think that's accurate? my concern is when I'm in the nyc subway. would it still retain a good sound with a lot of noise around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back