IEMs under 250 Explanation In Descript.
Sep 17, 2012 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Aydindurantas

New Head-Fier
I've been using the bose ie2 headphones for a little over a year. I heard that they aren't anything to write home about and I'm desiring a little more from my listening experience. I listen to rock, metal, country, classic rock and things of that sort. My price limit is about 200-250 dollars. Which IEMs would be best for my needs? I heard good things about the UE trifi10 but the comfort level and appearance concern me. Thanks in advance for your help!

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #5 of 16
I'd like to be able to hear the bass of the drum, clarity in the guitars and vocals. I guess a heavy tone. This is my first dive into hifi audio since I'm sure the boss ie2 doesn't count. I will be doing most of my listening on the go. I take the bus into the city for school. I will also use them at home on occasion. Up to about $250. For rock and metal and classic rock mainly. Thanks !

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #8 of 16
Sep 17, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #10 of 16
The e-Q5 is another that would be a good choice or also the BA200 and GR07.

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #11 of 16
Just out of curiosity, would I notice a big increase from my bose ie2 going to the GR07?

Yes. The GR07 are really great iems and are really good for those genres. I listen to mostly metal and rock and love how these sound with that type of music. The bass is strong and fast enough to keep up with rock and guitars sound amazing on them. The bass won't satisfy a basshead but it does go crazy low. There's plenty for your type of music. Try them out for a while and return them if you don't like them. :) They're the best iem I've heard and handle an eq well without distortion.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #14 of 16
ACS T15, Phonak PFE1xx, Monster Gratitude (you may not like the fit).  Three suggestions in your price range.  Maybe even something like the Dunu Tai Chi might fit you :wink:  If you want something with a funner sound, the V-Moda Vibratos may be a good choice (it has the sound you're looking for: heavier sound, strong drums, good clarity in guitars and vocals).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back