IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 23, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #2,671 of 2,837
Anyone know if the clear/silver Fisher cables oxidize? If they don't, I'd certainly prefer the clear cable to the black cable.

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #2,672 of 2,837
I wonder if I were to send my SE535's in for remold, do they keep the same connectors as before? I really don't wanna waste more money on a new cable when I just got my custom one.

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #2,677 of 2,837

Quote:
Anyone know if the clear/silver Fisher cables oxidize? If they don't, I'd certainly prefer the clear cable to the black cable.

Yes they do. Mine didnt for the longest time but then winter time came and I was using them outdoors walking to and from the bus with a hooded sweatshirt and they still oxidized even with my hood always on. Im in a cold wet environment here in Seattle though so your location may be different. But if they get at all dampish, not even directly wet they will turn green. Same as my old style UE custom cable.

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #2,678 of 2,837
Just to put that in perspective, I started this whole process back at the end of august and still don't have them sorted :)  Between refits (on my second refit this time round)and shipping distance (us-uk generally takes about a week on it's own) and it's no real surprise though slightly dissapointing.  At this rate I doubt I'll have them back until January at the earliest now.  Not a pop at fisher as such, as fully recognised the fact that I might need refits.

Cheers.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #2,682 of 2,837
I'm going to reshell my Shure E500s.  I've read elsewhere that dual bore doesn't appear to offer any advantages for this IEM, so I'm leaning towards single bore.  What views do people have on whether I should request a single bore or a dual bore?

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #2,683 of 2,837

Quote:
I'm going to reshell my Shure E500s.  I've read elsewhere that dual bore doesn't appear to offer any advantages for this IEM, so I'm leaning towards single bore.  What views do people have on whether I should request a single bore or a dual bore?

I figure its a good idea to follow the manufacturer spec and not take a risk...

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #2,684 of 2,837
I was about to spend so much money on different types of tips to try out even though the de-cored small shure olives were ok until I realized I may as well go for custom tips.  Scheduled an appointment to get my impressions this Friday.  

Just got off the phone with them and the turnaround time is looking like 3-4 weeks and they are not accepting rush orders.

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #2,685 of 2,837

Quote:
I was about to spend so much money on different types of tips to try out even though the de-cored small shure olives were ok until I realized I may as well go for custom tips.  Scheduled an appointment to get my impressions this Friday.  

Just got off the phone with them and the turnaround time is looking like 3-4 weeks and they are not accepting rush orders.

How much do custom tips. I thought they were over a $100.00 so why not just get your Shures custom remolded? Unless you plan to sell them at some point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back