IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 20, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #2,326 of 2,837

Quote:
Quote:
Do Fisher remould the JH13 and JH16 etc guys, anyone know?

I'm actually getting JH16 reshelled as we speak. I worry though. I ASSUME part of JH greatness is placement of the drivers and etc. I'm not sure if Fisher can put them exactly hiw JH intended them to be. 2 drivers, not worried too much but 8 drivers? Seems like a lot of minute details have to be taken into account
All my assumptions tho. I hope they turn out great. I invested a ton of money into my portable setup (way more than I was hoping to)

I always read this and have heard this in person from other forum members as-well, but in my personal opinion, the statement is false. Every monitor that they build is completely different due to the shape of our ears and in my opinion, there is no "proprietary" layout. It would be impossible since every persons bend is different - creating a different bend in the tubes for every person. This is 100% my own opinion though!

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #2,327 of 2,837

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do Fisher remould the JH13 and JH16 etc guys, anyone know?

I'm actually getting JH16 reshelled as we speak. I worry though. I ASSUME part of JH greatness is placement of the drivers and etc. I'm not sure if Fisher can put them exactly hiw JH intended them to be. 2 drivers, not worried too much but 8 drivers? Seems like a lot of minute details have to be taken into account
All my assumptions tho. I hope they turn out great. I invested a ton of money into my portable setup (way more than I was hoping to)

I always read this and have heard this in person from other forum members as-well, but in my personal opinion, the statement is false. Every monitor that they build is completely different due to the shape of our ears and in my opinion, there is no "proprietary" layout. It would be impossible since every persons bend is different - creating a different bend in the tubes for every person. This is 100% my own opinion though!

that would make sense.  never thought about it like that.
im sure it will be fine! i hope

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #2,328 of 2,837
I just got the price list from Fischer its 90.000 plus 30.00 for the cable plus shipping. so its like 120.00 plus whatever the molds cost plus the triple fi 95.00 So for 220.00 complete with impressions for a custom IEM 3 driver. Still much cheaper than buying the other 3 drivers on the market. Only thing is you lose your warranty from the manufacturer.

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #2,329 of 2,837

Quote:
I just got the price list from Fischer its 90.000 plus 30.00 for the cable plus shipping. so its like 120.00 plus whatever the molds cost plus the triple fi 95.00 So for 220.00 complete with impressions for a custom IEM 3 driver. Still much cheaper than buying the other 3 drivers on the market. Only thing is you lose your warranty from the manufacturer.

Yup..That is the quote i got today too. I am wondering whether i should send my 3 year old Shure SE530 to shure and get it repaired (replaced?) for $155 or go with custom shell ($120 + impression charges + shipping)...So, both routes will cost the same. I wonder whether i am an audiophile enough to "listen" the difference between custom shell and yellow foamies. I heard that Shure has upgraded the cables and the issues are less likely in the future...hmm..decisions..decisions

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #2,330 of 2,837

Quote:
Quote:

Yup..That is the quote i got today too. I am wondering whether i should send my 3 year old Shure SE530 to shure and get it repaired (replaced?) for $155 or go with custom shell...I wonder i am an audiophile enough to "listen" the difference between custom shell and yellow foamies. I heard that Shure has upgraded the cables and the issues are less likely in the future...hmm..decisions..decisions

I think you might have the wrong impression (pun intended). It shouldnt sound different really at all. The idea of the custom is that it fits your ear almost exactly and when you put it in you get a consistent fit each and every time. It will seal when you put it in without having to make adjustments like you might with the yellow foams. It you are perfectly happy with the fit and the idea that if you accidently cut or ruin your cable on your repaired set that you will have to get it repaired again. With the customs you can just switch the cable out anytime you want.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #2,331 of 2,837

Quote:
I think you might have the wrong impression (pun intended). It shouldnt sound different really at all. The idea of the custom is that it fits your ear almost exactly and when you put it in you get a consistent fit each and every time. It will seal when you put it in without having to make adjustments like you might with the yellow foams. It you are perfectly happy with the fit and the idea that if you accidently cut or ruin your cable on your repaired set that you will have to get it repaired again. With the customs you can just switch the cable out anytime you want.

ahh..makes more sense now. The cable replacement will be a big plus. How about cleaning? especially from ear wax? I have the luxury of throwing away the foamies once in every few months.

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #2,332 of 2,837
I use Audio Wipes from Westone to clean the shell and I use a wax removal tool on the sound bores after every use keeps them looking and running like new.

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #2,334 of 2,837
Here are some pics of my remolds:
I'm overall very happy with the way they came out.  They're extremely comfortable, I can wear them for hours and when I take them out my ears feel like there was never anything in them at all.
The pictures aren't that great because I'm not so good with cameras and I'm using a point and shoot camera, nothing special.

Dec 22, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #2,335 of 2,837
Well mine have arrived and all I can say is......HOMERUN ON THE FIRST PASS!. So far these are feeling perfect! Sound appears to be just as before, just as balanced with no discernible side being overpowering. The only thing that is different about them is that they no longer keep popping out of my ears!

I'll put up some pics soon, I'm too busy listening to them for now, I'm sure you can understand.

My sincere thanks to the inearz team on an awesome job.

Dec 23, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #2,336 of 2,837
I got my tf10's from the amazon deal today and figured that I'd compare them to my remolded tf10's.  I was actually extremely surprised, the two sound nothing alike.  Keep in mind though that the pair of tf10's that I had remolded were pretty old and that I also changed the cable out for a Westone cable.  The other pair was brand new, not burned in at all or anything.
Anyways, the major differences I found were:
Highs - significantly more recessed on the customs, I felt like there was no sparkle at all but also zero sibilance.
Mids - about the same, but more pronounced on the stock tf10's because the bass is lighter
Lows - much more bass extension on the customs, but the stock tf10's have tighter faster bass.

I really think it'll be different for everyone though, since stock tf10's are pretty awkward headphones and not everyone will be able to get a good seal.  Customs are also pretty tricky, you may think that you have a great seal when you really don't at all.  I don't feel that either are much better in terms of sound.  I find the tf10's to respond very well to EQing with my J3 though, so you have some leeway to change the sound signature to your preference.

Dec 23, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #2,337 of 2,837

Quote:

Do you know if Fisher fit the JH Audio cable connector sockets mate?

Dec 26, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #2,338 of 2,837

Quote:
Well mine have arrived and all I can say is......HOMERUN ON THE FIRST PASS!. So far these are feeling perfect! Sound appears to be just as before, just as balanced with no discernible side being overpowering. The only thing that is different about them is that they no longer keep popping out of my ears!

I'll put up some pics soon, I'm too busy listening to them for now, I'm sure you can understand.

My sincere thanks to the inearz team on an awesome job.

That's what I hate about the 10FI, they look and feel awkward sticking out of my ears. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #2,339 of 2,837
Does Fisher have 10vi cables? I'm torn. I kinda want the mic functionality,but a higher quality cable is good too.

edit: How should I approach an Audiologist for getting molds? Mouth open or closed for the molds?

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #2,340 of 2,837

Quote:
Does Fisher have 10vi cables? I'm torn. I kinda want the mic functionality,but a higher quality cable is good too.

edit: How should I approach an Audiologist for getting molds? Mouth open or closed for the molds?

no but, if you want to keep your cable you can... if you do, you will have to keep it for good because the 10vi cable does not match the sockets for the other cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back