IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Mar 11, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #1,818 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should post it in the owner's thread with pics.

Pics? Of course. Impressions? Like I said, only if people want one. I sort of want to get my earphones and never return to Head-Fi again. Something tells me that's not gonna happen.

Mar 11, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #1,819 of 2,837
LF driver? I thought you were only doing the reshell on the ck10..i was actually wondering about that earlier today how it turned out :p

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #1,821 of 2,837
I'd appreciate reading your opinions of a CK10 + LF , I have a set of CK10's that are looking for a purpose. A custom mold + LF driver sounds like it it could potentially be just what the doctor ordered.

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #1,822 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by snuffed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a reply from kaysen last week and apparently if you prefer not to use UPS for international shipping, then you can use a prepaid return shipping of your own choice. (I'll probably end up sending one of those USPS print out labels).

good to know, cheers. i went with UM in the end as i decided to go for the extra mid driver
normal_smile .gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #1,823 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pics? Of course. Impressions? Like I said, only if people want one. I sort of want to get my earphones and never return to Head-Fi again. Something tells me that's not gonna happen.

That's definitely not going to happen.
wink.gif

I'm sure many people will find your impressions about your reshell very valuable.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #1,824 of 2,837
after 12 business days, I got a call 2 days ago that they were ready/shipping out... according to the UPS tracking number they're on time & coming today!!! knowing UPS tho it won't be at my door til 6-7pm ;__; anyways I guess I should force myself to study hard since that's gonna be the end of that this day when these arrive ^__^

unboxing pics tonight in owner's thread ***here***, first impressions will follow sometime next week

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #1,825 of 2,837
Well I received my remolded triple fi's from fisher on friday and so far I am very happy. When I first tried them out they hurt my ears because the fit is so tight and secure. After adjusting and wearing them for a while they became comfortable and the sound is pretty good also. I then took these to the gym to see just how good the seal would be since my workouts can last 3-4 hours. I can tell all who are considering using these at the gym that I had no problem with sweat with these at all and I was only able to slightly break the seal on my right ear and this was after being on the treadmill for about 40 minutes or so. The only problem I am having so far is taking these out, the seal is so secure and tight that it takes a couple of minutes to remove them. The interesting thing about this whole process was that when I went to get my impressions the audiologist asked me what I would be using these for and I responded primarily for listening to music. She then instructed me to talk as I normally do all while filling my ear with the goop that they put in your ear. I thought this was strange since I've read that they either use a bite block or nothing at all. Even though I was a little apprehensive with these instructions I did as she asked and talked through the whole process. Surprisingly the fit came out great and fisher did a great job with my impressions. The other thing that I'm really happy about was switching the cable from the stock cable to the westone es cable. The stock cable reminds me of twine and the es cable is like silk. if any of you are on the fence about doing remolds to your iem I say go for it fisher is a great entry level option into the custom iem world for those looking to get customs on a budget. This is all just my opinion and take it with a grain of salt. I am by no means an expert on customs since this is my first pair of custom iems. From my personal experience so far the results have turned out okay. Looking forward to sending my impressions off to UM to have my other pair of TF10's remolded in the near future. Hopefully I will have the same positive experience.

Mar 14, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #1,826 of 2,837
Quote:

Should be getting my CK10 + LF Driver back in a couple days. I may post my impressions in a new topic, if enough people desire so.

I searched back in the thread to see if I could find the source of the low frequency driver, but could not find it.

Did you already buy them custom made for someone else with the LF driver added? That's how I got my TF10 quads. I'm guessing Fisher hasn't added the drivers themselves?

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #1,827 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I searched back in the thread to see if I could find the source of the low frequency driver, but could not find it.

Did you already buy them custom made for someone else with the LF driver added? That's how I got my TF10 quads. I'm guessing Fisher hasn't added the drivers themselves?

No, I purchased my own driver, the CI22955, from a member here and asked Fisher to incorporate it with my CK10 drivers. They said they would figure out all the crossovers and low-pass filters and such themselves, so it was all good for me.

Mar 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #1,828 of 2,837
I've had mine for a while now. But it was the experience that was great. Kaysen is fast with the return emails, (But would only answer once a day) and she personally answers the 800 number.

Free shipping both ways for any modifications. I sent them back once, no questions asked trimmed the left one down a bit and sent them back within 3 days.
They fit great, although quality of shells isn't superb what would you expect for $80 customs.

I am happy with the results. Its common knowledge that negative opinions travel faster and further than positive reviews. For every 1 or 2 negative opinions, there are 3 or 4 positive ones that haven't been told.

Mar 14, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #1,829 of 2,837
Quote:

No, I purchased my own driver, the CI22955, from a member here and asked Fisher to incorporate it with my CK10 drivers. They said they would figure out all the crossovers and low-pass filters and such themselves, so it was all good for me.

Wow - I didn't know Fisher could start doing that kind of work. It'd be awesome if they started branching out into the additional driver services that Unique Melody does.

I'm definitely interested, if not eager, to hear your impressions of the service and the finished product in comparison to the original. Would you also mind sharing the cost of the driver + Fisher reshell and integration?

Mar 14, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #1,830 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow - I didn't know Fisher could start doing that kind of work. It'd be awesome if they started branching out into the additional driver services that Unique Melody does.

I'm definitely interested, if not eager, to hear your impressions of the service and the finished product in comparison to the original. Would you also mind sharing the cost of the driver + Fisher reshell and integration?

No extra cost. Though I think my case was a little special, since it was a first time thing, you know? They said they would charge an extra 20 dollars when I first talked them into the whole process, but they never added the extra costs in. Luck me, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back