IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Feb 24, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #1,786 of 2,837
Mine are still there for the initial remold. I am expecting to have them ship from there either Friday or early next week. I reallllllyyyy hope they fit the first time.

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #1,787 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I reallllllyyyy hope they fit the first time.

you and me both!!!
biggrin.gif

I received a call from them yesterday that they got my package, and to confirm my custom color/artwork choices (including which went with which ear). I was told the usual 10-15 business days... so now the waiting game begins ^__^

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #1,788 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnagali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you and me both!!!
biggrin.gif

I received a call from them yesterday that they got my package, and to confirm my custom color/artwork choices (including which went with which ear). I was told the usual 10-15 business days... so now the waiting game begins ^__^

We are in same group hehe
biggrin.gif
. I hope mine is fit at the first time also.
popcorn.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #1,789 of 2,837
I been deciding to get my TF10's remolded... had a question about cables. I read through so many pages and all the info is kind of fuzzy right now.... I believe, not for sure, that I read somewhere that they stopped using the Fisher cable (the clear one) because some many people were having problems with it....can anyone confirm? Also, I was thinking about sticking with the stock vi cables, but would like to know the pro's and con's of getting aftermarket cables aka westone or ue11. Also, how much are these cables....sorry for so many questions.

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #1,790 of 2,837
price comparison:
Westone ES = ~$40 shipped <<i went with these
UE custom cables = $36 + S/H
Fisher cables = $20
stock 10vi cables = free! but they modify them (flatten?) to fit the same customs socket as those above

keep the 10vi cable if you want to keep mic/ipod control capability without buying another adapter for them. I thought I was satisfied with the quality of the stock cables, until they broke on me, and then got the Westone ES. I can't comment on the sound since I pretty much had mine shipped off to Fisher when they arrived, but yeah much more comfortable and seemingly durable. No specific comment on the other cables, but if I recall from everthing I've read from my Head-fi research: stock < Fisher < UE11 = ES

Feb 24, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #1,791 of 2,837
Quote:

price comparison:
Fisher cables = $20
stock 10vi cables = free! but they modify them (flatten?) to fit the same customs socket as those above stock < Fisher < UE11 = ES

I dont believe this is true any longer. It has been reported by a customer in this thread that they have experimented and successfully used the stock Triplefi 10 socket. So if that is the way you want to go call Kaysen and ask her about it and let us know what happened. Or perhaps Kaysen can pop in here and let us know what the deal with the stock TripleFi socket is.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #1,792 of 2,837
Got mine back today, they dont seal well
frown.gif

The build quality and everything else seems to be fine but I dont get low bass unless I push the customs down a bit with my fingers

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #1,793 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine back today, they dont seal well
frown.gif

The build quality and everything else seems to be fine but I dont get low bass unless I push the customs down a bit with my fingers

Time to send them back. Be sure to get their UPS account number for your return shipping.

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #1,795 of 2,837
Actually, the UE shipping is free, making them cheaper than the Westone.

Quote:

price comparison:
Fisher cables = $20
stock 10vi cables = free! but they modify them (flatten?) to fit the same customs socket as those above

keep the 10vi cable if you want to keep mic/ipod control capability without buying another adapter for them. I thought I was satisfied with the quality of the stock cables, until they broke on me, and then got the Westone ES. I can't comment on the sound since I pretty much had mine shipped off to Fisher when they arrived, but yeah much more comfortable and seemingly durable. No specific comment on the other cables, but if I recall from everthing I've read from my Head-fi research: stock < Fisher < UE11 = ES

Feb 25, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #1,796 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont believe this is true any longer. It has been reported by a customer in this thread that they have experimented and successfully used the stock Triplefi 10 socket. So if that is the way you want to go call Kaysen and ask her about it and let us know what happened. Or perhaps Kaysen can pop in here and let us know what the deal with the stock TripleFi socket is.

Yeah I been meaning to call them, but been so busy that all I been able to do is email and still haven't gotten a reply yet.

Feb 25, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #1,797 of 2,837
Well I got a call today saying mine were done! I paid and they shipped them today, they are supposed to be here Friday the 26th!!!
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #1,799 of 2,837
got my remolds back today....

theyre skinnier then before but they fit better and are a lot easier to put in and take out. seal is "better" imo. the previous ones were a lil big so they filled and stretched my ears a bit, these just "fit" so far but i've only had them in my ears for like 15 minutes so we'll see.

also, i returned the clear cable and black cable (never used it), purchased the westone cable and had kaysen / fisher gang use them. much happier....

here's a pic of them...

ftf10.jpg

truth be told, the picture makes them look GREAT and while they are better then before, they are not perfect as the image might make them see. tiny little air bubbles but nothing really major (i'm more concerned with how they sound and fit rather then how they look). the color is also a little lighter then before but again, perfectly fine.

BIG thank you to kaysen and fisher for being patient with me and working with me. the way i see it, they were growing tremendously with the remold process and they have had some snags of any business growing so i understand it. could things have been faster? sure. could things have been better? sure. did they meet my expectations? ABSOLUTELY and at the end of the day that's what matters. i didn't expect them to be COMPLETELY competitive with the ue10 / ue11 at 1/3rd the price. that would just be simply unreasonable. but at the price they offerred, i feel like they did a very admirable job.

so from this member of headfi, THANK YOU KAYSEN AND FISHER AUDIO!

Feb 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #1,800 of 2,837
I just got mine! I finally got home to get them! They look amazing. But I don't think the right seals well. I am going to go to the audiologist next week and see what they think. It seems like it is sticking out too much. They sound amazing. I can hardly tell the right one doesn't seal well, it might and I am just being dumb lol. But in the left the bass is much lower. The bass in the right is great but maybe not as low. I have been listening to Jeff Buckley and Norah Jones, both Apple Lossless and they sound great. The instrument separation is amazing. Easily ten times better than the stock TF10. Here are some pics. (I copied someones from here, I forget who. Sorry :p I just really like the colors.)

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back