IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Mar 14, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #1,831 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No extra cost. Though I think my case was a little special, since it was a first time thing, you know? They said they would charge an extra 20 dollars when I first talked them into the whole process, but they never added the extra costs in. Luck me, huh?

Wow - I guess you might be kickstarting a new business opportunity for them, though.

Can you tell us how much the driver cost - and also how the iem's sound in comparison to the well-reguarded originals?

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #1,833 of 2,837
i've had mine for about 2 months now. The fit and sound is great, thought i'd throw pics up. They are remolded TF10s with the ultimate ears custom cable. All together i think i spent around 220 getting these bad boys. Not a bad deal compared to what Ultimate Ears charges for roughly the same thing.

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #1,836 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by obrienk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aren't ue11pro customs anyway? or did you buy them second hand and get them re-shelled?

I bought them 2nd. Basically, I don't really satisfy with its cosmetic but the fit and sound quality are perfect
smily_headphones1.gif

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #1,839 of 2,837
I just sent my impressions and TF10 to Fisher today.

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #1,840 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just sent my impressions and TF10 to Fisher today.

Same here, man. Spooky.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #1,841 of 2,837
If anyone can help me out with this I'd appreciate it - I've spent two hours looking through the forums now, and can't find this again - but I had read about someone getting a Fisher remold of a custom (I think it was a UE11) and having horrible sound quality problems. All bass, no treble. They said they talked to someone at UE about it and it worked out. I need to contact them, because I'm having the same problem.

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #1,842 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightwalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received my UE11pro today. It's perfectly fit to my ear :x will try to get some pix tonight.

Glad to hear it. I was going to write a long post (rant) about my experience with getting JH13s redone, but I don't want to defame Fisher without giving them the benefit of the doubt. Suffice it to say that the fit is fine, but the SQ is not. Bass is good, mids and treble are veiled. I don't know whether it's a technical problem with remolding the actual armatures, or just that the ear impression wasn't quite long enough, or some combination. Will probably be getting new impressions and sending them back. Pretty unhappy, all in all.
frown.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #1,843 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here, man. Spooky.
biggrin.gif

It's a race! Let's see who gets theirs done first.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back