IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Apr 16, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #1,861 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just sent my impressions and TF10 to Fisher today.

Just an update. Fisher called me today to collect payment. They said I should get it next Tuesday via 2 day shipping. So about 3 weeks from the time I shipped them out to the time they shipped them back to me.

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #1,862 of 2,837
Anyone have an update on these? I just got a pair for Triple.fi 10s and am drolling over the possibility of making them custom.
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #1,863 of 2,837
Just got mine back today, looks, fit, and sounds great. You can definitely hear the bass better than stock. When I used to listen to the stock TF10s in my work van with the windows down, I can barely hear the bass. With the customs, I can hear everything. It took about 3 weeks or 15 business days for the turnaround. I am a satisfied customer.

Apr 17, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #1,864 of 2,837
I think once Fisher Hearing moves I'll get my AlienEars C3 Pro fixed/remolded by them. I tried going through Andre and Alienears but their customer service and turn around times are horrible. I'd rather just goto the source.

When I first did the self-impression kit I didn't go deep enough so my monitors pretty much have no sound isolation. It took a number of emails and calls to contact Alienears and once I did, they said no problem and they would issue and RMA and send me a new impression kit to get the remake process started. Well that never happened and I got tired of waiting and dealing with them. 4 week turn around for the original monitors plus another 4 weeks for a remold. Yeah no thanks.

$80 + shipping right? I just email kaysen@fisherhearing.com and explain what I want?

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #1,865 of 2,837
So has anyone gotten UE 5eb done yet with success? Any pics. I know one guy was trying, got booted, is back, but i didnt hear a outcome. Can it be done? Its all i have to remold, missed out on that great triple 10 deal for $99
frown.gif
. thanks for any info.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #1,866 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramw5p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So has anyone gotten UE 5eb done yet with success? Any pics. I know one guy was trying, got booted, is back, but i didnt hear a outcome. Can it be done? Its all i have to remold, missed out on that great triple 10 deal for $99
frown.gif
. thanks for any info.

I'm the ONLY one who's ever gotten UE5EBs remolded by Fisher. What kind of info are you looking for?

Apr 20, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #1,869 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, when I said it, I was correct. How did yours turn out? Did Fisher provide the printout with yours?

How do you know that there aren't people out there that had there's done that don't post on this board?

Apr 20, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #1,870 of 2,837
Hi guys, commonly a lurker, and I just received mine yesterday. (for the second time). This time is perfect, yay!

The story of the process is that my dog chewed up my right-side q-jay monitor

2010-03-01%2020.10.51.jpg

I generally like my q-jays and since I spent nearly $200 on them 2 years ago, I was pretty disappointed that I would have to go and buy something new for several hundred more dollars. I started searching head-fi for an overview on what else was looking good and I luckily came across this and the pictures thread. I read through the threads voraciously and decided that I would definitely want custom IEMs through Fisher Hearing.

That week, I started calling around to several hearing aid centers for ear impressions. In the San Jose CA area, I called a whole bunch of places and most wanted around $50. I persevered and eventually rang up Hall Hearing Center on Saratoga Ave totally hitting the jackpot, $15 for both ears! Ear impressions are a funky experience, ears feel plugged but not uncomfortable (I'm a very aggressive q-tipper)--for reference I got my impressions done on 3/11.

The following Monday (3/15) I sent my q-jays and ear impressions to Fisher Hearing. I requested a candy/light, light transparent blue and for them to check and make sure that my q-jays were still usable. Sending the stuff over to FH felt like sending into a black box. There is some amount of communication but it isn't a clear dialog.

Fast-forward about 2 weeks (4/1), I email Kaysen again and ask if the q-jays are usable, she says she'll get back to me, but she doesn't. On 4/2 she calls me saying they're ready and it's time to ship, unfortunately, I was at lunch and couldn't really talk, so shipping would have to wait until Monday. I received the reshells the first time on the 7th.

I popped them in my ears, first ever, and they fit great, good seal, comfortable, and I was psyched. Plugged them into my ipod to listen to a few tracks, but they had a problem, the left earpiece had a considerably lower volume than the right side; the left side sounded really muffled and wasn't as clear, the balance was skewed very far to the right. I tried listening to each ear individually to make sure that they sounded like how I thought they sounded, and even tried to pull off the right-side cable. That was a mistake as one of the pins in the cable pulled right out. Now I had two problems!

That Thursday, I shipped them right back to FH for repair. I just got them back last night. USPS showed that FH received the earphones on Monday, and they shipped backed to me via UPS ground. Altogether, under a two week turnaround including shipping.

2010-04-20%2010.43.50.jpg

Here they are, excuse my cellphone pictures :)

They sound clearer than the q-jays did originally and somehow brighter. This re-shell might have reduced the bass a bit, but I can't tell since I haven't been able to listen to my q-jays in over two months.

I'm definitely happy with these and will send triple.fi's off to FH to get re-shelled when I can get some for a good price.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #1,871 of 2,837
Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd share my brief but good experience at Fisher Hearing today. I live about 30 minutes away and took my TF10's plus a Westone cable in for a reshell. Talked to Kaysen and Kim -- who did my impressions personally -- and they were extremely nice and easy to work with. You should feel that your monitors are in good hands with these people.

I'm looking forward to getting my monitors back next week!

Justin

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #1,872 of 2,837
need an answer from any who can help: Has anyone had their Etymotic ER4P/S sent in for reshelled and if so what was the verdict better or worse?
Im on the fence wether i wanna do it but i would like some feedback if there is any regarding these IEM's for remould

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #1,873 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMorton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any Houstonites know of a good audiologist in Houston to get molds from?

I went to Deborah Frye on Katy Fwy a couple weeks ago. $50 for both ears. In and out in about 15 minutes.
I had called around and Beltone wanted ~$45 each. One of the audiologist on the UE website for Houston also does both ears for $50 but when I went my appoint time came and went and there were 4 or 5 people still ahead of me. I had to get back to work so I left empty handed that day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEARDATBEAT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
need an answer from any who can help: Has anyone had their Etymotic ER4P/S sent in for reshelled and if so what was the verdict better or worse?
Im on the fence wether i wanna do it but i would like some feedback if there is any regarding these IEM's for remould

I searched this thread and Lil' Knight said that someone had remolded their ER4p but didn't see another other reference. When I contacted Fisher last year they said they hadn't done one yet and I would be the first if I wanted it done; however, I would have to keep the Etymotic cable due to the resister inside. I remember reading somewhere that said the custom molds in general don't block out as much ambient noise as the stock (foam?) Ety tips but I might be wrong about that.

I sent my UE TF10 last week to Fisher. If I like how they feel & sound I might also send in my ER4P.

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #1,874 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikroda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went to Deborah Frye on Katy Fwy a couple weeks ago. $50 for both ears. In and out in about 15 minutes.
I had called around and Beltone wanted ~$45 each. One of the audiologist on the UE website for Houston also does both ears for $50 but when I went my appoint time came and went and there were 4 or 5 people still ahead of me. I had to get back to work so I left empty handed that day.

I searched this thread and Lil' Knight said that someone had remolded their ER4p but didn't see another other reference. When I contacted Fisher last year they said they hadn't done one yet and I would be the first if I wanted it done; however, I would have to keep the Etymotic cable due to the resister inside. I remember reading somewhere that said the custom molds in general don't block out as much ambient noise as the stock (foam?) Ety tips but I might be wrong about that.

I sent my UE TF10 last week to Fisher. If I like how they feel & sound I might also send in my ER4P.

I did some searching and I'm actually gonna go for the Westone UM56 Custom Tips instead...a bit more pricey i believe but the result is the same, thanks anyway
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back