IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Apr 27, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #1,877 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramw5p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fisher in not offering remolds on 5eb anymore. i checked and they were very nice, but said they dont remold those..just an fyi

That's good to know.

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #1,878 of 2,837
what's the best iem from $50-200 to do this kind of custom? I have a Shure SE210 and they don't have/little bass, would doing this custom work make the bass appear more? Any help would be appreciated
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #1,879 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAwesomesauceShow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's the best iem from $50-200 to do this kind of custom? I have a Shure SE210 and they don't have/little bass, would doing this custom work make the bass appear more? Any help would be appreciated
bigsmile_face.gif

Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones: Electronics

They were down to $180-200 for awhile. Check the for sale forum, there might be some $99 deal left overs still available.

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #1,880 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAwesomesauceShow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

I have a pair of SE210 and SE310 and the only way I would get them remolded would be if I absolutely needed customs but wouldn't have any money for upgraded IEMs in the next year or so. If you love the sound signature then you should get those remolded but it sounds like you don't..

If you can find a pair of TF10 for a good price I'd get that remolded. Myself and many others have gotten remolded TF10 and I love the comfort, looks, and sound quality. Huge improvement over stock TF10 in my opinion.

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #1,881 of 2,837
has anyone sent their tf10 and it came back broken? im thinking about getting them remolded. how long do they last before i need to remold again? if they come back and your not happy how is the customer service? i been using my tf10 with comply, only thing that is comfortable in my ears. all the other silicone dont feel good in my ears after an hour. but comply foams cost a lot 20ish for 5 pairs, so if i can get it done maybe for less then 150 i can do it. and will it have a huge improvement then the stocks?

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #1,883 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy287 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've email them but no response. It has been 2 weeks now. Does anyone know an alternate email where i can contact them aside from what is posted @ 1st page.

Email Kaysen. The rest is the same. Kaysen asked that folks not email Kim since he is the owner and very busy. The OP just never changed the front page unfortunately. Kaysen usually emails me back within hours or at latest next day. Of course you can always just call toll free which they answer for me every time.

Also, if you have been paying attention to the thread I believe they are moving shop and should be in place on May 1 or actually moving May 1, not sure which. Either way this might or might not be the best time.

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #1,884 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by slickooz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone sent their tf10 and it came back broken? im thinking about getting them remolded. how long do they last before i need to remold again? if they come back and your not happy how is the customer service? i been using my tf10 with comply, only thing that is comfortable in my ears. all the other silicone dont feel good in my ears after an hour. but comply foams cost a lot 20ish for 5 pairs, so if i can get it done maybe for less then 150 i can do it. and will it have a huge improvement then the stocks?

what exactly do you mean by coming back broken? some people have complained about w/sound being off, but for the most part it's people having various fit issues.

how long customs in general will last will depend most on if you're still growing, and my audiologist estimated that it may be needed as often as you grow into a new shoe size. for everyone else, a couple years at least, I've heard mentioned here.

if you're having fit or sound issues, they'll work with you to resolve any problems. there is no charge for remolds & they offer free 2-day shipping both ways. turn around time for my refits was within their normal 10-15 business days processing time.

I was in your shoes before, with terrible comfort issues and only being able to use Comply's, but even those I could only wear so long. custom fitted TF10s solved that problem--now I can wear these all day no prob, and custom cables are also a great leap beyond the stock cables.

at the lowest you can expect to pay around
$80 base price + $10 return shipping + $20 fisher cables + $20 audiologist visit = $130

about another $20 more if you prefer UE or Westone ES cables (you may be able to resell your stock cables here to recoup some $ like I did). audiologist prices will run from $20-100, so call around for the best price--do a google map search not just for "audiologist", but also for "hearing aids". also, add another $25 if you want any artwork on your customs.

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #1,885 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by slickooz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some people have been unhappy with the results of the remold either for fit, sound, or aesthetic issues. I had a fit issue (common for all custom IEM companies) with my right monitor when I first got them reshelled. Customer service was great, they paid for shipping back to them and got them back to me with a perfect fit. Throughout the refit process I spoke with the owner, Kim, a few times so he could figure out how to fix the fit issue. Everyone has different experiences with the stock TF10 in terms of fit. Only you know how comfortable it is for you. For myself, the stock TF10 sounded great but was very uncomfortable and bulky. With my reshells they are as comfortable as an IEM could ever be, as they are fitted perfectly to my ears, and the sound quality is just as good, if not better. From my experience, reshelled TF10 is an enormous improvement over the stock TF10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy287 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've email them but no response. It has been 2 weeks now. Does anyone know an alternate email where i can contact them aside from what is posted @ 1st page.

As already stated, just replace "kim" with "kaysen" and you should get a response. If you have the option, you can always call in and talk to someone directly. This is what I did whenever I had a quick question or got too impatient.

Apr 29, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #1,886 of 2,837
thanks guys, does anyone have pic of the fisher cable? and what color do they have? and how durable are they? im thinking about getting custom soon. i already love how they sound just want a better fit.

May 4, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #1,888 of 2,837
Calling anyone who got TF-10's remolded under the name [removed]. Please email me. They gave me your right IEM, and gave you my left one.

-CORRECTION- just heard back from Kaysen, they never sent my other one out. So, all's good. I should be receiving mine this week. Thank god.

May 10, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #1,889 of 2,837
Getting ready to have this done. Got my molds done for $16 in Ft Walton Beach Florida. Just waiting on kaysen to get back with me to see whats next. Would there be a difference in just getting them done with my stock cables and order a replacement(ue11 clear) later , or would this need to be done at the time of the remolding?

May 10, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #1,890 of 2,837

Quote:
Getting ready to have this done. Got my molds done for $16 in Ft Walton Beach Florida. Just waiting on kaysen to get back with me to see whats next. Would there be a difference in just getting them done with my stock cables and order a replacement(ue11 clear) later , or would this need to be done at the time of the remolding?

You could get it done without the UE11 cable on hand. Just specify to Kaysen that you will be using the UE11 cables at some point later so she can put the appropriate pin connector on the mold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back