IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
May 14, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #1,907 of 2,837
AlienEars C3 Pro
Remolded by fisher since AlienEars customer service sucks
----------------------------------------------------------------------

(They look much better in person, very clear and clean)
Here is most of an email I sent to Kaysen about them:
The Right ear fits almost perfectly and doesn't lose it's seal but there is a slight pain in the upper area were the C3Pro and date are (it feels like that area is a slightly too big). The Left ear however seams a little loose and loses the seal very easily (it's otherwise very comfortable) What's strange is using the ear impressions that were sent back I noticed the Right is loose and the Left is normal.

Now there is a major sound issue too. The Left sounds great but the Right sounds like the small/Treble BA isn't connected and everythings sounds a little muffed. I checked for ear wax and even tried switching the polarity. I notice that on the Left the small/Treble BA is all the way back at the faceplate but on the Right it's pretty close to the sound bore.
So yeah, great first try, just waiting for an email back to get the redo process started. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get them perfect since they sound amazing. First IEMs that I have had that sound like I'm wearing full sized headphones.

May 14, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #1,908 of 2,837
thats too bad, has anyone recieved a set back that were perfect in the first try? i really hope i get lucky. I hate waiting for anything, would really hate to get them back and have to send back and wait longer.

May 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #1,911 of 2,837
Fisher received my third pair of impressions today and are ready to start on them. I wasn't comfortable with my first set so I asked if they thought they were good impressions. Kaysen said the right did not look goo so I had another one done. Then I decided to do one last set myself and felt comfortable sending those overnight to get them started on. I was probably a pain in the ass but I want them to be right from the get go and hope for no redos. Kaysen has been very nice in our emails back and forth.

May 21, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #1,913 of 2,837
I just got my impressions made yesterday only $25 fisher recommended a place by my house only 2 blocks away.
o2smile.gif

I want to send my Shure E500 in to be reshelled but I think I damaged the filter on my right headphone since the left is louder will it matter if I send them in?

May 22, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #1,920 of 2,837

I forgot who I emailed but its been over 2 weeks

I emailed kaysen a few days in a row last week and got a response to all my questions. Within minutes. I am really excited they will be ready some time this week. If they come out like I'm hoping I will probably do my gr8s with them aswell. I'm reluctant to do it to them since I'm trying to sell them. I don't think anyone wants them so I guess I'm going to remold them for myself. Still a hard choice. I don't want to change the sound of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back