IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Feb 27, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #1,801 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many refits is that now? 2-3 refits seems the be the average for Fisher.

Mine and many others fit perfect the first time! People jump all over you because you make unsubstantiated claims like that. You have no idea what the average number of refits is. I've read this is a common issue with customs and would guess it's highly dependent on quality of the impression. Fisher supplied prepaid shipping labels and return boxes with my customs. They make it pretty easy to resolve.

I was very satisfied with their service. They were busy and hence not great at sending emails on the status. This didn't bother me since any time I called somebody answered the phone promptly and were helpful and friendly.

Aesthetically Fisher might not be as pretty as UM. Functionally I bet they are similar and am curious to see a comparison. Fisher is significantly cheaper. For me the cost saving was worth it.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #1,802 of 2,837
I just saw that the last guy to get JH-13's done for $1000+ from JH directly was on his fourth refit! So there are all kinds of variables that go into it.

One thing to remember though, if you're in the USA, I'm not sure I'd want to be paying (and waiting) for shipping back and forth to China. One of the last people posting about the experience with Unique Melody said he had a 28 business day wait! And that's AFTER intercontinental shipping! Now if I could get iems to Unique Melody in 2 days with a $5 priority box, that would be a whole different story, but cost and time of international shipping for those in US is quite a bit different.

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #1,803 of 2,837
Is the feeding frenzy over now or are these guys still jammed packed?

I've been procrastinating on getting my molds done, but am hoping to do it some time in the next few weeks if things have settled down at Fisher.

Mar 7, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #1,804 of 2,837
I have old Shure E5c, are they recable reshellable?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #1,805 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It seems like it's settled from the threads here, but I'd just give them a call and ask!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachkebia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have old Shure E5c, are they recable reshellable?
smily_headphones1.gif

Since they are BA IEMs, then yes, they'd be able to reshell/recable them.

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #1,808 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been procrastinating on getting my molds done, but am hoping to do it some time in the next few weeks if things have settled down at Fisher.

I read recently that they were in the process of moving into a much bigger facility; I'm not sure how that might be affecting things.

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #1,809 of 2,837
looks not bad

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #1,810 of 2,837
Got a reply from kaysen last week and apparently if you prefer not to use UPS for international shipping, then you can use a prepaid return shipping of your own choice. (I'll probably end up sending one of those USPS print out labels).

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #1,811 of 2,837
Mar 8, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #1,812 of 2,837
Kaysen's e-mail is definitely kaysen@fisherhearing.com.

Fisher will not be moving to their new facility until April 1st, but current turnaround times are more than reasonable. Just received my customs today. 12 business day turnaround time (including 2 days for shipping) for my customs to get back to me. Their estimate was betwen 10-15 business days. Going to listen to more music before I give my first impressions.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #1,815 of 2,837
I just sent an email to Kim gunna try to set this up but might wait till after they are moved in to the new place. I still have to get an Impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back