IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 31, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #931 of 2,837
Well everyone wants no bubbles, unless you specifically want em like HA's Beer mug custom.. no one wants bubbles. if there is a few it's ok. as long as it's nothing serious.

My Customs should come sometime today.. (I think) so i'll have to wait and see when I get off work around 6 PM

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #932 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like what you want is no bubbles, + a High gloss finish. Just tell her that, i'm sure she can accommodate the request. Unfortunately or the cable, there isn't a upgrade for a cable with microphone for the stock TF10 socket.

Cool, that's a good way to word it, and yeah, that's pretty much what I'm after. Honestly, Jajo nailed it. I want the Unique Melody look. But I dont want to deal with slow service/china/etc. I'll talk with Kaysen a bit more about it next week when I prepare to send things in. I'd be more than happy to pay extra for extra attention to detail if needed. To me, this whole Fisher Hearing awesomeness didnt really even stem from the price, so much as the "Oh my god they're in the states, and you can reach them on the phone!".

Hmm... Is there a good choice of microphone cable for non-standard TF10 sockets? If so, maybe I should look into that prior to sending mine off....

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #934 of 2,837
i think there actually is a cable you can buy that connects in series to the headphones w/ the mic and iphone/ipod controls... given the mic won't be next to your mouth.

you can always also just cut it off and solder it in series... if you don't mind your cable changing type part way down to a cheaper cable. hmmm, maybe i should start a business and start making custom IEM cables with mic/remote :p

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #935 of 2,837
I can't trust Fisher - I got my Freqs re-done with a detatchable cable and therefore a new faceplate. They cracked after a few weeks' use. A lady at a nail bar in town had to do a makeshift fix.

ACS offered to reshell them in silicon and they did a beautiful job. My son has since burst them (aaaah toddlers! he's also killed my new triple-fi 10s and chipped my new Sony ebook reader) but the quality of work done is worth paying a little extra for in my opinion.

Happy New Year all!

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #937 of 2,837
Hey kaysen. I got my customs just now when I got home.

Wow guys, these look fantastic. So far I am very impressed with both the sound and the looks of them. They did an excellent job on mine. Really. I am really pleased so far. It looks like a tiny tiny piece of silver from the art got inside slightly under the artwork letters. But only visible under a close inspection. Otherwise it cannot be seen, and only if the light hits it right. So I have no complaints about that really.

No bubbles, these look great. Pics to be coming soon, I'm writing this while listening to them on my touch at this moment, some rocky votolato, suicide Medicine, and a little kings of Leon. I can close my mouth, open it, sing and so far no loss in seal for me. Along with having a great level of seal I've never had before cuz the weird shape of my ears.

Uh oh, I might just love my new toy. Lol. I've never got a seal this good with universals, but my ears do hurt now after 25 mins a little, but first time ever with customs in this is expected, I need to get use to em a little first. Pics coming soon tomorrow, time to go drink for new years. After all I live in Vegas!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #940 of 2,837
So there have been at aleast two people that have had some bad experience with Fisher BUT NEITHER of them mention having contacted Fisher to fix the issue. They just mention it in this thread. Anyone else see something wrong with that?

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #941 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by hollis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So there have been at aleast two people that have had some bad experience with Fisher BUT NEITHER of them mention having contacted Fisher to fix the issue. They just mention it in this thread. Anyone else see something wrong with that?

Yeah, I've definitely ignored the two complaints. If you haven't worked with Fisher to get whatever resolved, you don't get much credibility.

And considering the ample volume of customers they've enjoyed - only 2 weak complaints is a great sign. After all, it's a highly custom business.

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #942 of 2,837
Especially since that last complaint was rather odd. Im not saying it isnt true but Fisher has only been doing this since mid/early november. That guy uses the word mate alot making me think he is overseas, yet somehow he managed to get them reshelled (two week process minimum, owned them for three more weeks, broke them, got them sent back to ACS who reshelled them (at least another two weeks) then broke those. Sounds like alot of broken stuff in either case plus a time machine might have been needed to complete the whole thing. But Im gonna assume it is all true. But still, why not give fisher a chance to make it right and throw away all the reshell money and time spent?

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #945 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by hollis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used PM here on head-fi for initial contact with Fisher Hearing, but subsequent follow ups have been throw email and phone calls. Kaysen has always been responsive through both.

I'm glad I posted my original impressions pictures on here because both her and MaoDi said they didn't look that great. I was able to get a remold done that day and still had them in Fishers hands by last Saturday. Now just waiting for the process to complete and have them back next week. Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back