IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 1, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #946 of 2,837
Drinks first.. pics later!

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #947 of 2,837
After lurking quite a while, finally pulled the trigger on doing this - got my impressions made at UE's recommended NYC audiologist -

Dominick Servedio, Au.D. at
200 West 57th St, Suite 910
New York, New York 10019
(917) 441-6094
Dominick Servedio, Au.D. - New York,... | Dominick Servedio AuD

whom I can highly recommend. $25 an ear, great location in midtown, super fast service and very professional and nice. He didn't need the instructions from UE as he'd done it many times before.

The whole process was very quick and not at all uncomfortable. 10 min max, including waiting in the office beforehand to see him. He told me that UE only requires the impressions to go past the second bend, but he always makes them a little deeper so they have more to work with. Anyway, when we finished, he said they were really good impressions, so we'll see how they turn out.

I just sent them to Fisher priority mail, and they're supposed to be back in 5-7 days. Can't wait!

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #948 of 2,837
I don't know if I was counted in the "complaints" category, but I have contacted Kaysen by phone and email a number of times and have been told things regarding my shipping date and their actions are completely different. I was told Dec. 22nd they would be overnighted the next day and I would get them on the 24th. They didn't even ship. I didn't get an email back the next business day (Monday After Christmas) to answer my question regarding why I didn't recieve my iems. It wasn't until I emailed again on Tuesday to follow up again, that I was told "Oops" and that they would ship in the next day or two. Well, the next day or two has come and gone, and I haven't recieved a tracking number and am only left to assume they haven't shipped AGAIN.

Now, Kaysen is out of the office until next week, I bet you my iems won't be shipped again until Monday. Keep in mind this is only for a refit of the length of the canals and they have been at fisher for going on 13 days now. Thirteen days total and 8 days past the first date I was told I would get them. The original turn around time for my customs was 5 days. Does anyone else feel this is ridiculous? I understand they may be busy because of the huge influx of orders but tell me that is the reason. Don't lie to me time and time again and say they will ship and don't ship them.

I'm growing quite dissatisfied. My hope of all hopes is that they fit perfectly. I do NOT want to have to go through this refit process again. Not in the least. I have been very complimentary of Fisher Hearing thus far and have been quick to give them the benefit of the doubt, but Fisher has attempted to placate me twice with unfulfilled shipping dates and really would like to see Fisher step up and do what they say they are going to do and fulfill a shipping date.

(Amendment: I will delete this if Fisher has shipped my IEMs and I just did not recieve a tracking number)

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #950 of 2,837
I see your anger dickens. I do, I'd be frustrated and upset also if this had happened to me. But in terms of looks, and the quality of the work, your satisfied right? Other than the refit that is needed often by many companies.

Also, I'm not in any way saying that it is right, they should have shipped when they said they would. Totally. But given that they were closed for Xmas and early on Xmas eve, and closed again today. It was sort of the worst week for something to be ordered and shipped at all. So that 13 day period needs at least Xmas and it's weekend off, as that wouldn't of happened if there wasn't Friday-sun closed for holidays. Does that make sense. That wait time might not always be the case. I still would be upset though if I was you. But look at the timing

Also, I talked to Kaysen a day or so before Xmas, right when yours were supposed to ship, if I remember right she said they had somethig like over 30 custom shells, and like 150 hearing aids before Xmas. Lol so I can feel for em

and I'm drinking Jack D and replying on my iPod touch, I'm not home to take pics. Sorry

I wish you luck and hope it all works out

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #951 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see your anger dickens. I do, I'd be frustrated and upset also if this had happened to me. But in terms of looks, and the quality of the work, your satisfied right? Other than the refit that is needed often by many companies.

I'm not disappointed by the need for a refit. That goes with the territory of customs. I was expecting that actually. I'm upset with the way things have been handled. As to your question, if I was pleased, sure, but is that justification for me to sit down and shut up, I don't think so. Imagine if you had a beautiful brand new car and the service department kept telling you it's ready, no it's not, it's ready, no it's not, it's ready, no it's not- you wouldn't accept that either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I talked to Kaysen a day or so before Xmas, right when yours were supposed to ship, if I remember right she said they had somethig like over 30 custom shells, and like 150 hearing aids before Xmas.

At the time you spoke with her, mine, according to her, were supposedly completed, so technically the huge load had nothing to do with my wait. But, later (5 business days after she told me they were done) I found out they were with a tech, not finished like she told me they were, and would ship within the next day or two and still haven't.

Again, the backlog, I understand. I just want a straight story and the finished product that I have already paid for.

[/QUOTE]

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #952 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by a.dickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if I was counted in the "complaints" category, but I have contacted Kaysen by phone and email a number of times and have been told things regarding my shipping date and their actions are completely different. I was told Dec. 22nd they would be overnighted the next day and I would get them on the 24th. They didn't even ship. I didn't get an email back the next business day (Monday After Christmas) to answer my question regarding why I didn't recieve my iems. It wasn't until I emailed again on Tuesday to follow up again, that I was told "Oops" and that they would ship in the next day or two. Well, the next day or two has come and gone, and I haven't recieved a tracking number and am only left to assume they haven't shipped AGAIN.

Now, Kaysen is out of the office until next week, I bet you my iems won't be shipped again until Monday. Keep in mind this is only for a refit of the length of the canals and they have been at fisher for going on 13 days now. Thirteen days total and 8 days past the first date I was told I would get them. The original turn around time for my customs was 5 days. Does anyone else feel this is ridiculous? I understand they may be busy because of the huge influx of orders but tell me that is the reason. Don't lie to me time and time again and say they will ship and don't ship them.

I'm growing quite dissatisfied. My hope of all hopes is that they fit perfectly. I do NOT want to have to go through this refit process again. Not in the least. I have been very complimentary of Fisher Hearing thus far and have been quick to give them the benefit of the doubt, but Fisher has attempted to placate me twice with unfulfilled shipping dates and really would like to see Fisher step up and do what they say they are going to do and fulfill a shipping date.

(Amendment: I will delete this if Fisher has shipped my IEMs and I just did not recieve a tracking number)

Yes, I would be upset too. Hopefully you get yours back soon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #955 of 2,837
Different coloured faceplates are extremely easy to accommodate for. i can even answer that =)

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #957 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After lurking quite a while, finally pulled the trigger on doing this - got my impressions made at UE's recommended NYC audiologist -

Dominick Servedio, Au.D. at
200 West 57th St, Suite 910
New York, New York 10019
(917) 441-6094
Dominick Servedio, Au.D. - New York,... | Dominick Servedio AuD

whom I can highly recommend. $25 an ear, great location in midtown, super fast service and very professional and nice. He didn't need the instructions from UE as he'd done it many times before.

The whole process was very quick and not at all uncomfortable. 10 min max, including waiting in the office beforehand to see him. He told me that UE only requires the impressions to go past the second bend, but he always makes them a little deeper so they have more to work with. Anyway, when we finished, he said they were really good impressions, so we'll see how they turn out.

I just sent them to Fisher priority mail, and they're supposed to be back in 5-7 days. Can't wait!

AVU,
Thanks for sharing the information. It's nice to know that one can get ear impressions done for $50 in Manhattan. Let us know how it goes when you received your custom IEM from Fisher. I'll probably pull the trigger also in a few weeks.

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #960 of 2,837
Lol. It's head fi, even on vacation were here, like I was on Xmas. But then again she is on vacation.

I got some halfway decent pics taken today. I had to go get my lens as my brother stole it for his Nikon so I'll post em in the AM

and sorry dickens. I wasn't tryin to troll. I feel for ya, hopefully it all gets sorted out. And yea the term "business days" is the perfect way to explain that, especially during holidays. Also Keep us posted on everything. I'll post my pics if I get up early enough tomorrow and don't rush out to work. (bad habit of jammin on my PC til the last minute)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back