IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 30, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #916 of 2,837
The last two customs posted look amazing, also I hope everyone has a Happy and Custom New Year LOL.

Dec 31, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #919 of 2,837
Well Its after 5 and ups sill hasn't showed with my customs. But I think hey might be backed up still from the holidays so may e I'll get a late delivery. I've got stuff from UPS after 7 before. So u never know but it's not lookinggood, yet tracking number still says on track for a delivery of today the 30th

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #921 of 2,837
I hate UPS, in the summer they always come around 3:30-4PM and winter they sometimes even come at 7PM!, we all are waiting in anticipation, I wonder if you got them yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Its after 5 and ups sill hasn't showed with my customs. But I think hey might be backed up still from the holidays so may e I'll get a late delivery. I've got stuff from UPS after 7 before. So u never know but it's not lookinggood, yet tracking number still says on track for a delivery of today the 30th

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #922 of 2,837
They even say on the site that residential deliveries are scheduled to come as late as 7Pm. I almost feel bad for the poor drivers that work from morning to night driving those big ass trucks on tiny streets. But if I were you Id keep the faith. My tracking never kept up on two day deliveries. It was always behind.

I feel bad for you though bro, what a long day this must be. But you have to admit the anticipation is pretty cool though. Its not often we get to be so excited for something. Especially when you get to be old like me lol.

Dec 31, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #923 of 2,837
well it is 7:00 PM my time right now as I'm typing this.. and nothing yet. Depressing. I've still not left for my errands. lol but now I'm going to.. damnit!

The weird thing is the last update to tracking shows 5:40PM the 29th in Ontario, California. but it came from Florida so why the hell did it pass vegas and go to Cali? I'm not sure. maybe thats there main station there.

So the last update was the Arrival in Cali, last night at 5PM. nothing about leaving today, or anything of that sort. So I'm a little worried, and now It's 7. I'm about to give up and say F ups, and hope it comes tomorrow. to bad I waited around all day. oh and ya I'm only 23 yrs old, but I still dont get extremely exited all that often, so having the feeling I have now, while waiting is pretty fun. You're right about that. I'm also big on PC's and build my own. when my SLI GTX 260's came, that was an exiting day also. but whatever. I love UPS.. not really but I'm saying that so I don't get bad karma from it

Dec 31, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #926 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by dovienya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How happy has everyone been with transparent ones from Fisher? For my design, I really want them to have that "icy" look. For that to turn out well though, there cant be much in the way of bubbles, and the outside has to have a nice smooth finish. I've seen great examples of the "ice" look from UM, but really dont want to have to deal with them.

if you go back a couple pages, my customs that came from fisher hearing are transparent through the main body, with just black tips and a black faceplate. i wouldn't consider them "icy" as they are completely transparent. you should ask kaysen if they can do a "cloudy" transparent if that's what you're looking for in terms of icy. it doesn't have too many bubbles, nothing big, but the ones that are there are noticeable. not a big deal for me, but not sure if you'd be happy with it. I guess we'll see what you're talking about whenever you feel like sharing some pics.

glad you were swayed by the head-fi community! we're a collectively wise, yet wallet-shrinking group
k701smile.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #928 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ravissimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you go back a couple pages, my customs that came from fisher hearing are transparent through the main body, with just black tips and a black faceplate. i wouldn't consider them "icy" as they are completely transparent. you should ask kaysen if they can do a "cloudy" transparent if that's what you're looking for in terms of icy. it doesn't have too many bubbles, nothing big, but the ones that are there are noticeable. not a big deal for me, but not sure if you'd be happy with it. I guess we'll see what you're talking about whenever you feel like sharing some pics.

glad you were swayed by the head-fi community! we're a collectively wise, yet wallet-shrinking group
k701smile.gif

Nope, cloudy isnt what I'm after. Yours are clear like I want, but the outside isnt polished like I am hoping for. I like the customs that almost look like they were carved out of ice. Between the polished shine and the perfect transparency, they look like water. Yours are transparent, but the outside is almost a matte seeming finish. I want a gloss finish. Unfortunately, I totally dont know the correct terms for all that kind of stuff, so I am sure I'm not articulating it well.

I will absolutely post pictures once I get mine back.
ksc75smile.gif
Hopefully once I figure out how to properly let Kaysen know what I'm after, she'll say that it's no problem. If they turn out like I have in mind, they'll be pretty damn sweet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I told myself that these TripFi customs are going to keep me satisfied for a while...now I'm already looking at different cables while they are being shipped to Fisher. What the crap!

Yeah, me too... I'm perfectly happy with my stock cords, and will likely switch to the vi cords at some point for my iphone. But... Some of the custom cables sure are nice.

Any reccomendations for a custom cable with microphone that fits the stock tf10 connectors (which I will be keeping on my customs)?

Dec 31, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #929 of 2,837
Sounds like what you want is no bubbles, + a High gloss finish. Just tell her that, i'm sure she can accommodate the request. Unfortunately or the cable, there isn't a upgrade for a cable with microphone for the stock TF10 socket.

Dec 31, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #930 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by dovienya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, cloudy isnt what I'm after. Yours are clear like I want, but the outside isnt polished like I am hoping for. I like the customs that almost look like they were carved out of ice. Between the polished shine and the perfect transparency, they look like water. Yours are transparent, but the outside is almost a matte seeming finish. I want a gloss finish. Unfortunately, I totally dont know the correct terms for all that kind of stuff, so I am sure I'm not articulating it well.

I think I know what you're after. You're after that Unique Melody look. Their shells look flawless. Clear as day, with no bubbles in sight. That's how I would want mine also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back