IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 12, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #571 of 2,837
No theres more than one place that does custom tips. you can get custom tips for just the stock apple buds if you want. (Not sure why anyone would. lol)

Anyways, ravis can you recommend the UE cable. did you get the UE10 or the UE11 cable, and did you pay for overnight, or did they just do this for you to be nice. I already got my impressions but have yet to decide on the cable I'll be using. after reading what you said. I don't want a stiff cable. I want a cable just like the Westone 2's I have. so I'd either get a westone cable, or the UE11 cable.

ravissimo, have you ever had a Westone 3 or similar. can you compare the UE11 cable to the Westone. I love the westone cable.

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #572 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know is the um56 is the only choice for custom tips?

EDIT: Just remembered ACS

I contaced Widex, and they said that apparently they can do custom tips for the Westone 3.....

I might custom-tip my TF10pros first though.

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #573 of 2,837
The UE and Westone cable is basically the same thin except the longer memory wire on the UE cable, and the special recessed socket adaptable connectors.

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #574 of 2,837
I can't comment on the comparison between the UE cable and Westone cable as I have never had/tried the Westone 3. I'd go with what MaoDi said in that respect. I don't know that there is a difference at all between a UE10 or UE11 cable, the UE website just has one cable for the "custom" IEMs. I got the 48" clear replacement cable found here...

Ultimate Ears Custom Optional Accessories - Custom Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

At checkout, I chose UPS ground for $0, as the other options are $25 for 2nd day air, and $40 for next day air. I think this is the cost when you're buying earphones from UE, in which they send you the whole case, your UE10's or whatever, etc etc. I think because it was just the cable, it came in a FedEx envelope and was shipped from Irvine, CA to San Antonio, TX standard overnight for free. That was just my experience, not sure if you'll receive the same since I chose UPS ground in the first place. Not too bad though.

I just went with what others said on this site as far as their superior quality, but as I haven't owned any custom UE IEMs before, I didn't know that the cable would not only be thin, but flexible, soft and seemingly durable. I'm glad I went with these as opposed to keeping the stock triple.fi cable. I decided to go with UE cable over the fisher cable just from the comments on this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No theres more than one place that does custom tips. you can get custom tips for just the stock apple buds if you want. (Not sure why anyone would. lol)

Anyways, ravis can you recommend the UE cable. did you get the UE10 or the UE11 cable, and did you pay for overnight, or did they just do this for you to be nice. I already got my impressions but have yet to decide on the cable I'll be using. after reading what you said. I don't want a stiff cable. I want a cable just like the Westone 2's I have. so I'd either get a westone cable, or the UE11 cable.

ravissimo, have you ever had a Westone 3 or similar. can you compare the UE11 cable to the Westone. I love the westone cable.

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #575 of 2,837
I never had good experience with the UE custom series cables~the clear one turned completely green and the black one has connection problem~ Westone cable never had a problem so far.

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #576 of 2,837
yeah, i should've mentioned my "experience" with the UE custom cable is nil. I only had initial impressions of them. That's odd that the clear ones would turn green, but I guess if mine do, I'll switch to black ones. I'm assuming a connection problem would just mean it was a defective cable.

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #578 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could you mention a few places? I dont know any besides the ones posted on this thread.

Dec 13, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #581 of 2,837
Gah, I really want customs but I dont really know why. The triple fi's fit very well in my ear already and I like the sound
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #584 of 2,837
The prospect of waiting 25 days (I was told by email) for Unique Melody to remold and add a mid driver to my TF10s has me rethinking. I might just go for the $80 Fisher Hearing remold. I'm a musician (bass player) and have recently gone to an IEM system for stage use. I'm going to play a few weekends with the TF10s and foam tips to see if I like the sound signature before deciding on remolds. Definitely will keep up with this thread.

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #585 of 2,837
So here is a question. are the cables pretty close to being universal. If I get the Fisher Cable, and later decide I wanna switch to the westone cable that I enjoy on my W2. Can I buy a westone custom cable and use it with my custom, or does fisher and all custom makers make the piece fit "that" cable?

Anyone know, they seem to plug in the same, but i dont know if the pins are different. larger, thinner, shorter, etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back