IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Sep 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #2,206 of 2,837
It's hard to remember much based on a week or so of hearing a month ago but from memory they do sound better a bit better.

Sep 22, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #2,207 of 2,837
Saw the Audiologist today and had new impressions made now I just need to get my UE11's refit sent Kaysen an email just a few minutes ago.  Depending how the UE turns out then the JH 10x3 may be going in for a facelift.

Sep 24, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #2,208 of 2,837
woohoo! finally got my customs back to me.... UM3X remolded with twag OM...waiting for my twag lod and mini to mini.

Sep 24, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #2,210 of 2,837
They do! What kind of cable is that? ive seen it twice now. it looks expensive.
Is it me or do the pins look like they are not all the way in? I just noticed a lot of them look like that.

Sep 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #2,212 of 2,837
^ what he said....... yeah the pins dont go all the way in but it gets pretty close..... the fit is awesome...its snug and i never lose seal....but then again its only been 1 day.  and i never heard um3x's before...i bought someone elses custom um3x's but i definately like these more than my triple.fi's.  they did an amazing job on the clear acrylic...no bubbles, its smooth, not foggy....i mean i was absolutely amazed!

Sep 24, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #2,214 of 2,837
MM yes im excited to get mine done! I got my impressions done today. This is embarrassing... but there is a little bit of wax at the end! I noticed this when I got home and called the audiologist and she said i shouldve remove it. She said my ear was pretty clean too before i got the goop in there. Will fisher mind it having some wax?

EDIT: Also my one impression looks like it didnt fill in the gap so it has a dent.
http://i55.tinypic.com/2d1mwqa.png
They would be able to round it out right?

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #2,215 of 2,837
So I think I've had my Livewires back for around a week or so. Fit isn't as bad as the first try and pretty close this time. The left isn't as good as the right but only needs to be adjusted every now and then so I'm not going to send it back to have it there for another month. I also ended up cutting the memory wire and the plastic tube off the ES cable since I despise memory wire and I have two ES cables (well only 1 in my possession) and when I get my other one back I'll do the same. It's much better now without the memory wire and much more comfortable esp since I wear glasses. Now the question is what should my next purchase be
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #2,216 of 2,837

Now the question is what should my next purchase be
tongue.gif
" title="
tongue.gif
" class="bbcode_smiley" />

I am starting to lean towards the ES5 as a Christmas present to myself.

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #2,218 of 2,837

Quote:
I am starting to lean towards the ES5 as a Christmas present to myself.

Quote:
Now the question is what should my next purchase be
tongue.gif
" width="1" />"

I think Wildcard's idea would work great for you, too. Based on how people have described the ES5, it sounds like it would be perfect for you.

I wish there was some safe way to jury-rig a custom so others could hear it (is there an acrylic-safe play dough that could be used to get the customs to fit another person's ears?). Anyway, I'm waiting for Future Sonics to get off its duff about the new Atrios so I can demo a pair and decide if the FS house sound is for me. Then, I can demo the Jh16s and get my earmolds from Beth.

P.S. Anytime you want to try my t3 (maybe after you decide on your next purchase *cough*customs*cough*), I'm down for that.

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #2,219 of 2,837
It would not be very likely that the ES5 would be my next earphone. I'm looking to get something done with UM either modification or one of their own custom line. I'm not in any rush so I'll wait until UM answers some of my questions and then go from there. I might get the ES5 eventually but that won't be for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back