Iems for 300ish
Nov 30, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #16 of 27

Don't hesitate, you will never look back.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Well, it seems like that's another IEM that I must try one day.
redface.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #17 of 27

Quote:
im really liking the feed back so thank you, i just want to make sure that my Droid X would be able to power these iems to their full potential without an amp?

I think most IEMs recommended here wouldn't need an amp to run... some of them might only sound their best with an amp. However, all of the recommended IEMs here will sound quite good already.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #18 of 27
Have you looked into Final Audio Design gear?
FI-BA-A1 or FI-BA-SB
Also new Ortofon e-Q5 comes with great isolation and I love how they play electronic music  for under 300USD
Also I read FAD are quite good for that as well.
IE8
FX700
Radius DDM
SM3  already mentioned a  lot is amazing with Electronic/rave staff..

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #20 of 27
While I am wondering... where do you get the SM3? Is ordering directly from their online store the only option?

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #21 of 27
Alright so i think i've narrowed it down to SE530(used), ie8, or sm3. Does anyone know how many ohms my droid x can support just out of curiosity?

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #22 of 27

Sound earphones is an authorized US dealer for them. They list them on ebay for 379 or best offer which you can get the for less than 350. I'm not sure about international prolly go to their site then, but you will pay 379 USD.
Quote:
While I am wondering... where do you get the SM3? Is ordering directly from their online store the only option?

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #24 of 27
TF10's were my third phones i purchased. They sound great, a lot of similarities to the Sm3 but lacking the soundstage and midrange the Sm3 offers along with bass impact,  extension, and imaging. The soundstage and instrument separation on the Sm3 give you a 3D presentation that is unbelievable. The TF10 have a V shaped response IMO, the midrange lacks a little with the rest of the spectrum.Dont get me wrong they are some great phones, just not what i look for in a sound sig.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #26 of 27
I am guessing no one has a comment on the X10 due to the quietness.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back