IEM suggestions ~$100 Australian
Apr 1, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #32 of 39
hi there, I have a-jays three, I bought it from Harvey Norman. I can say these IEM is good, great clarity, however lack of instrument seperation and sound stage. Bass, mid, and treble is good. Then I purchase comply, it becomes very comfortable.

However, I ended up buying shure SE 215 from earphonesolution.com, cost me AU$125, and it's a giant leap from a-jays three.

If you want to have my a-jays three (only a week old, with comply foam) just PM me.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #33 of 39
I don't really like the reviews on it. Anyone know where I can buy the sunrise xcapes v1?

u can buy them from the "headphones for sale" section of head-fi, otherwise good luck findin them. maybe you should consider the head-fi re-zero for your type of music.

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #34 of 39
Also, ballzac, do you play good quality source files?

Maybe your fit isnt great or your not achieving a good seal. also, the version 2's have a bossted mid bass, so maybe try reducing the frequencies for reduced distortion

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #35 of 39
for sales thread or my signature
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I don't really like the reviews on it. Anyone know where I can buy the sunrise xcapes v1?

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #36 of 39

Quote:

Also, ballzac, do you play good quality source files?

Maybe your fit isnt great or your not achieving a good seal. also, the version 2's have a bossted mid bass, so maybe try reducing the frequencies for reduced distortion

Yeah, most of my music is ripped in flac, some in high quality mp3. I actually discovered that positioning makes a HUGE difference. As I've not used IEMs before, I didn't realise how much experimentation it takes to get it right. Literally a few hundred micron or a few arcminutes difference is actually audible. The main problem was that I had them in about a millimetre too deep. This is where the bloated bass was coming from. A lot of the problems I was having before are now non-existent. They still can't handle medium-high volumes, but the sound quality is quite respectable on medium volume. Orchestral stuff still suffers a little, but most other music sounds great.

I'll probably get some comply tips to try out as I'm interested in what all the fuss is about.

May 1, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #37 of 39
good to hear, although comply's may dampen treble causing bass to be bloated or more emphasized again

Quote:

Yeah, most of my music is ripped in flac, some in high quality mp3. I actually discovered that positioning makes a HUGE difference. As I've not used IEMs before, I didn't realise how much experimentation it takes to get it right. Literally a few hundred micron or a few arcminutes difference is actually audible. The main problem was that I had them in about a millimetre too deep. This is where the bloated bass was coming from. A lot of the problems I was having before are now non-existent. They still can't handle medium-high volumes, but the sound quality is quite respectable on medium volume. Orchestral stuff still suffers a little, but most other music sounds great.

I'll probably get some comply tips to try out as I'm interested in what all the fuss is about.

May 2, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #39 of 39

Users who are viewing this thread

Back