IEM headset equivalent of ATH-M50
Jun 4, 2011 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

melmoth123

New Head-Fier
I have the ATH-m50 as my set for home use and am looking for something with similar sound for walking around.  Not looking for best sound for money, just whatever gets me close to ATH-m50, since I like them a lot.  I am only looking for something with a mic, for use with my iphone (but they don't need to have iphone controls).  Ideal price range is 200, but I could go up to 300 if absolutely necessary. 

I've read great things about PFE-122, but don't want to go through the hassle of ordering and then returning it (if I can avoid it), so I thought i'd ask for help here.  Any advice is appreciated. 

Jun 4, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 3
Sorry if I'm wrong, but because of their close DJ speciality, I'm going to use my MDR-V6's as a reference. This is because both the ATH-m50's and v6's are great for hip hop and rap.

I would say I really like my Brainwavz M1's are close. 

Don't be hatin because they are the sub $50 range. With the fiio E5 they turn into a monster close between Grados with clear tones and great highs and v6's with the bass thump and with a good mid section. You cna get the package deal for $50 and they are worth every penny.

They may be cheap, but they will blow you away. Get them from Mp4nation and order with express shipping. I'm warning you, get the express because the cheapest/free takes 2 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Back