IEM choice with ISOLATION
Dec 6, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #16 of 31
Gold monkey, I found those posts earlier thats how I came up with my top few but thanks for helping me. I don't know why something is just pulling me away from the Ety's maybe its that i'll probably think they are uncomfortable.

This may sound like a dumb question but, 
So if I was to get the M11+ or the s4's could I put a set of foam tips from another manufacturer or even get some sort of tri flange?

trysaeder why do you say they are ear rape?

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #17 of 31
Dec 6, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #24 of 31
ok I got'em, Eraser thanks for telling me about the sale, it was $32 using the code DAILY_DEAL_11P-BK

I'll put my thoughts on them once I get them and give them a good burn 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thanks everyone for your help

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #25 of 31
There are generally two types of nozzles, fat ones and skinny ones.
Etymotic, certain Shures, and a lot of Klispchs use the skinny nozzles.  Some other may too, but they're less common, maybe Westone?  So basically you can exchange tips between Etymotic, Shure, and Klispch earphones in general. 
The majority of headphones have fat nozzles, including your m11's.  So you can exchange eartips with ultimate ears, skullcandy, meelec, sony, and dozens of other brands.  So the Etymotic tips linked to above will not fit your meelecs.  I think the m11's come with tripleflanges anyways though.

If you want triple flanges for skinny nozzle eartips you basically need to buy either Etymotic or Shure tips.
I believe that only Monster and Meelec make triple flanges for the fat nozzles.
Comply makes foam tips for both fat and skinny nozzles.

Single flange eartips are extremely common for fat nozzles.  There should be a bunch for thin nozzles too, such as klispch ovals.

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #27 of 31
Dec 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #30 of 31
Update I got my MEElec tri-flanges yesterday for use with my SM3 (SM3 has skinny nozzles, but I cut down an old tip to its tube and use it as an adaptor with no problem...works like a charm), and I HIGHLY recommend them.  VERY comfotable, seal nicely, are good isolators, don't affect the sound in any negative way, and best of all...they are soft unlike the hard Ety tips.  The flanges conform nicely to your ear canals, and bend around the corners with ease.  They also have a larger inner chamber (when used on a "skinny tube IEM") resulting in a nice deep bass chamber.  These kick ass for an effective replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back