IEM advice needed
Aug 16, 2019 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xYoshix

New Head-Fier
Hey, I've made a similiar post, but I don't think i expressed myself correctly :)

I'm basically looking for a new IEM, I need something portable with minimal sound leak. I listen to a variety of music but the thing I love the most is the clarity and detail in the sound. I want to hear every sound clearly and seperated, so I should also include imaging. I'd like everything to be engaging, not laid back and relaxed sounding. Has to be aggressive, pushed right into me lol. The sound signature I guess would like everything to be balanced / neutral. My budget is around $300. Any help appreciated :darthsmile:

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi @xYoshix

I would suggest the following in no particular order :

iBasso IT 01s
iBasso IT 01
Periodic Audio Carbon
Periodic Audio Be
Tipsy Dunmer
Meze 12 Classics
Vain Sthlm Originals

Feel free to ask more if you need.

Hope you have a great day !

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 5
Can you up your budget to $950? Buy one pair of really good custom IEMs so you get the full 26 db sound isolation and a comfy fit. Don't mess around with budget IEMs under $500, you could wind up buying more than one pair, so going the custom route could cost you less in the long term.

The Perfect Seal AR6 CIEMs would run you $950 in acrylic, are imaging champs and should last you minimum five years with proper care. I got ten years out of my last pair of Ultimate Ears. See this review for details on the AR6. Stay away from silicone body customs they won't last as long as acrylic. I don't see any advantages to silicone over acrylic I can wear my acrylic Decas all day no problems.

I went with Perfect Seal rather than buying Ultimate Ears again because UE messed with their tunings and the AR6 or Decas are actually preferable to the UERR now.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 5
As with @PaganDL, I also like the IT01s for you. If you could stretch your budget or find one used, the iBasso IT03 might fit your interests even better. I would describe it is a bit more aggressive overall.

Agree @serman005,

Poor IT 03 does get left behind, I forgot to mention that one myself.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back