IE8 Problem
Aug 17, 2010 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RaaaghCats

New Head-Fier
Edit - Sort of found out the problem - When I took off the cable to reverse the drivers (Left driver to right cable, Right driver to left cable) so that I could wear them down and not over ear, One of the connectors in the left cable lost part of the gold connector.

The 2 connectors are surrounded by some sort of gold thing and one of them has become stuck in the driver itself meaning the only way I can fix this is by either using a new cable or getting a new IE8.

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #3 of 6
I tried swapping the L/R several times, there was no problem at all.

Maybe it's a bad contact in one of the sockets?
deadhorse.gif

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #4 of 6
Hmm it seems strange that it works the correct way but not swapped 
confused_face.gif

So at least it's not faulty in general

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Must be a bad contact in left plug. Try instead make it so that there is a very small gab between cable and socket. (not pushed all way down)
Had same issue for a while.

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Must be a bad contact in left plug. Try instead make it so that there is a very small gab between cable and socket. (not pushed all way down)
Had same issue for a while.

Thanks I had a closer look and worked out what has gone wrong exactly (Updated first post)

Does anyone know if this can be resolved with the warranty at all?  I have the original receipt and about 1 year 10 months of Sennheiser warranty left still - Would they send a replacement cable if I contacted them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back