IE8... Fit?
Mar 10, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #16 of 20
Yeah I tried them wire down with right driver in left ear and vice-versa, but only for a day or so..  I think maybe my ears are too small for the driver housing.  I can get a decent enough seal, using either method, it's just the pain that is really annoying.  I haven't given up yet.  I think I am going to let my ears rest a couple of days then try the wire down method for a few days, as I definitely agree with you that that is the most comfortable way to wear them.

Shamrock, can I ask which tips you use with them?

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #17 of 20
That's a shame. With most of my IEMs the stock medium tips tend to fit perfectly without discomfort. This is true with the IE8 too, but I find fake medium sony hybrids provide a better seal and hence better isolation and more bass. I always wear them down and with switched drivers now. Wearing them down without switching drivers makes them stick out and look weird, but it's not any less comfortable. I find wearing the IE8s up to be the most uncomfortable.

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #18 of 20
Could not agree more - the design seems to have suffered from a complete absence of ergonomic consideration.  Just received mine and they are almost useless when tried with any of the (many) supplied tips.  Would appreciate recommendations for non Senny/custom tips that reach further into the ear for better sealing - thanks.

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #19 of 20
Ok - switching left and right, and wearing them down instead of up seems to work...except in the gym where there's no chance of them remaining in place.  I guess I can live with the CX300s in the gym...

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #20 of 20
Depending on your ear shape, try all 4 combinations:

* pendant, normal.
* over the ear, normal.
* pendant with inverted L-R earpieces
* over the ear with inverted L-R earpieces

One of them should provide you with a good fit.
For me, it is over the ear without inverting L-R earpieces.

For tip choice, if you happen to have (like me) huge ear canals, none of the provided silicon tips will give you a proper seal.
My solution: Comply Ts400/500 foams (both work), medium size. Perfect seal, giving some degree of isolation, which is surprising since the IE8s are really famous for their mediocre isolation. And since Ts foams are round and shorter than the usual cylindrical T series, sound is not affected by the foam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back