iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Apr 21, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #2,941 of 4,252
[COLOR=3366CC]UPDATE! Black Label Tour Winners![/COLOR]

Hi everyone! Thank you for all of your patience as we worked to finalize the winners for the tour!

Ah, curious timing... I was just checking out the thread while using the BL and thinking "Damn, this does sound great with everything I've tried so far".

Followed by thinking that if it was half the size it would be unmatched.

Half the length. Might be a challenge, if not in engineering, perhaps in cost. But that would make it a 100/100.

Still, I really like my BL, although the choice of a single LED to represent a million states is pretty bad, useless...
But if that's the first negative thing that came to mind, I do like it.

XBass and even 3D seem very well implemented and really help compensate gaps with some headphones and tracks; not all, but find the perfect pair and it's gold!

Overall, well done iFi; I hate paying full retail and seldom think it was worth it, but the BL was one of the exceptions. Even the packaging and accessories were ok.

Hopefully it will be reliable in the long term. Meanwhile, there's a lot of sound to enjoy :D

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #2,942 of 4,252
thank you iFi audio, great way to start my morning with this news

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #2,944 of 4,252
  UPDATE! Black Label Tour Winners!

Hi everyone! Thank you for all of your patience as we worked to finalize the winners for the tour! We've selected the winners at random with the only requirement being that the review demonstrated honestly and some effort.

Considering the sheer size of those that participated in the tour in the US/Canada, we also decided to help you folks out a bit and give away 2 Micro iDSD BL units to this leg of the tour!

Without further ado... the winners are...

Micro iDSD BL:
USA/Canada: @vapman
USA/Canada: @dsnyder
United Kingdom: @betula
Europe: @analogsurviver
Hong Kong/China: @stevenyu2000
Singapore/Malaysia: @noobandroid 

Unique Melody Martian IEM:
@ngoshawk

A 6 Month Loaner Period With Pro iDSD Upon Release:
@earfonia 

Winners please get in contact Lawrance at lawrancel@iFi-Audio.com in order to claim your prize!

Again, a big thank you to everyone who participated in this tour and making it a great experience for us, and congratulations to the lucky winners!

Wow! Thank you iFi! Great news with my morning coffee! Can't wait to hear that fun bass boost again!
Congrats to all the winners, but first of all to iFi for a truly great product!

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #2,945 of 4,252
Congrats to all of the winners!  Thank you to iFi and Lawrence for giving us all who were lucky enough to be selected for the opportunity to demo the BL.  I didn't win one, but that wasn't the purpose of all of this, was it?  The BL sounds fantastic and, thanks to the demo, I know I'll be getting a BL soon.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #2,946 of 4,252
Congrats to the winners! Looks like I'll have to buy the iDSD with my own money.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #2,947 of 4,252
congrats to the winners , and a big bravo to Ifi for this lovely gesture

now let's wait for that 400$ adorama sale to emerge again 
L3000.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #2,948 of 4,252
When I first listened to my BL yesterday, I was immediately impressed with the bass boost. Now I think I am even more impressed with the 3D+ switch. I've never owned a piece of equipment with this type of switch on it, so I have no previous experience (unlike with bass boost switches). But I must say, I am quite impressed. It expands the sound stage in such a way that I feel like I'm in the middle of a friggin maelstrom of music - in a good way. It's like an "excitement" button. In some ways it reminds me of the first time I heard the HD800; the soundstage was impossibly large and engaging. However, whereas I feel like the soundstage on the HD800 can get almost too big sometimes, 3D+ rarely steps out of bounds. When I turn it on, the audiophile in me feels guilty, like I'm desecrating some of my favorite songs. But then I turn the switch off, and I realize how the 3D+ is still somehow respecting the original track while injecting it with some crazy energy. Really cool feature.

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #2,952 of 4,252
now i gotta think, what other ifi enhancements can i add into the BL ? i have the iUSB though, which is nice

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #2,954 of 4,252
When I first listened to my BL yesterday, I was immediately impressed with the bass boost. Now I think I am even more impressed with the 3D+ switch. I've never owned a piece of equipment with this type of switch on it, so I have no previous experience (unlike with bass boost switches). But I must say, I am quite impressed. It expands the sound stage in such a way that I feel like I'm in the middle of a friggin maelstrom of music - in a good way. It's like an "excitement" button. In some ways it reminds me of the first time I heard the HD800; the soundstage was impossibly large and engaging. However, whereas I feel like the soundstage on the HD800 can get almost too big sometimes, 3D+ rarely steps out of bounds. When I turn it on, the audiophile in me feels guilty, like I'm desecrating some of my favorite songs. But then I turn the switch off, and I realize how the 3D+ is still somehow respecting the original track while injecting it with some crazy energy. Really cool feature.

The bass bost in the ifi ican se is quite impressive.. The 3d switch not so exciting. It seems to boost the treble and make more fatiguing listening to certain songs..
Cant wait to try the BL tough, so i can find the differences

Users who are viewing this thread

Back