iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
May 24, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #541 of 4,252
I bought an idsd nano, today...maybe I made a mistake...I should have waited a little, to get the new micro
blink.gif

from what I 've read so far, the new "micro" will outperform his "little" brother (dsd nano)...

its just better in every aspect...I didn't know about the micro..only heard about the new Mini...feeling sad here about my decision,...

anyway...can someone explain the differences in the dac, between the "nano" vs "micro" ?...

the micro has a dual core bb chip...what are the advantages?

May 24, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #542 of 4,252
  I bought an idsd nano, today...maybe I made a mistake...I should have waited a little, to get the new micro
blink.gif

from what I 've read so far, the new "micro" will outperform his "little" brother (dsd nano)...

its just better in every aspect...I didn't know about the micro..only heard about the new Mini...feeling sad here about my decision,...

anyway...can someone explain the differences in the dac, between the "nano" vs "micro" ?...

Well the biggest difference is the Nano is a battery powered portable device, whereas the mini and micro are desktop. Not sure if that is relevant to your usage 

May 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #543 of 4,252

Well the biggest difference is the Nano is a battery powered portable device, whereas the mini and micro are desktop. Not sure if that is relevant to your usage 

well, I bought the "nano" because I' ve started "building" an audio pc, and I was searching for a small but decent usb dac, to "feed" my active monitor speakers, with hi-rez audio...

I will not use headphones for the moment...maybe later...

I didn't know about the new micro...only about the mini, which was out of my price range...

mistake, my friend...no other way to see it

May 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #544 of 4,252
blink.gif

if you just bought it, many dealers usually have return periods. can you return it?

yes, the micro will be "better," but at more than double the cost. the micro will be around $500. the nano is substantially cheaper, but with a lot of features in a small package.

the micro is also battery powered, so is portable as well, though obviously not as small as the nano.

dual core chips might help reduce the S/N ratio and just provide better performance than a single chip.

the micro will have multiple digital inputs (coax, optical, usb), xbass, and crossfeed...and will have a 1/4" headphone jack. much more feature-rich than the nano, so it might be more useful if you spend a lot of time at the desk as well.  

May 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #546 of 4,252
May 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #547 of 4,252

if you just bought it, many dealers usually have return periods. can you return it?

yes, the micro will be "better," but at more than double the cost. the micro will be around $500. the nano is substantially cheaper, but with a lot of features in a small package.

the micro is also battery powered, so is portable as well, though obviously not as small as the nano.

dual core chips might help reduce the S/N ratio and just provide better performance than a single chip.

the micro will have multiple digital inputs (coax, optical, usb), xbass, and crossfeed...and will have a 1/4" headphone jack. much more feature-rich than the nano, so it might be more useful if you spend a lot of time at the desk as well.  

I was planning to add the iusb along with the nano...I wanted to build a decent "package" for desktop use, with active monitor speakers...

if you add the price for nano+iusb, the sum, reaches the price range of the micro...which is better for the use I want it, and as you said, more feature-rich...

dont' t know...I will wait until Monday, and decide what to do... 

May 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #548 of 4,252
I guess there are different ways of looking at it... For me, the nano was so inexpensive I really saw it as some what of an impulse buy on the one hand, but also an inexpensive way to check out DSD, and also hear what all the hub-ub is about. I dont think you can go wrong buying the nano. If you dont particularly find it outstanding in any way, than the micro is probably not going to do it for you either.

May 25, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #549 of 4,252
  I guess there are different ways of looking at it... For me, the nano was so inexpensive I really saw it as some what of an impulse buy on the one hand, but also an inexpensive way to check out DSD, and also hear what all the hub-ub is about. I dont think you can go wrong buying the nano. If you dont particularly find it outstanding in any way, than the micro is probably not going to do it for you either.

I have bought it now, so I will give it a shot...

will the micro dsd, benefit from the iusb, or care has already been taken in that field, inside the new unit?

I am asking because I m thinking now to postpone the purchase of the iusb, and if I am not happy with the nano, to give the extra money that the iusb will cost me, and go for the micro 

thank you all for the replys

May 25, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #550 of 4,252
  I have bought it now, so I will give it a shot...

will the micro dsd, benefit from the iusb, or care has already been taken in that field, inside the new unit?

I am asking because I m thinking now to postpone the purchase of the iusb, and if I am not happy with the nano, to give the extra money that the iusb will cost me, and go for the micro 

thank you all for the replys

no, the micro will benefit from the iUSB if it is the case that your computer is providing dirty power or if there is a lot of noise in your computer's USB out. but, YMMV, so you might not even need the iUSB. i would run the iDSD by itself first, then if you think that it's not as quiet as it ought to be, pick up the iUSB.

personally, i think the micro will be one amazing product...at least from all that we've been told and shown so far...

May 25, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #551 of 4,252
  no, the micro will benefit from the iUSB if it is the case that your computer is providing dirty power or if there is a lot of noise in your computer's USB out. but, YMMV, so you might not even need the iUSB. i would run the iDSD by itself first, then if you think that it's not as quiet as it ought to be, pick up the iUSB.

personally, i think the micro will be one amazing product...at least from all that we've been told and showed so far...

same thinking here, about the micro...will be amazing

anyway...thank you all again

May 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #555 of 4,252
  edit: i think you were agreeing with me, right?

yes... What in the world, I just typed 
size]
 Anyway, I was supposed to type this [I was chatting on Skype];

the iDSD Nano sales well and Stereo Electronic @ SG sold out pretty fast if I recall correctly, with the iDSD Micro being so much more improved, I don't see why it is not going to be an amazing amp/DAC too xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back