iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Oct 8, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #4,174 of 4,252
Introducing iDSD Signature.

So selling my Micro BL wasn’t in vain after all.

A7E0DD39-3150-402B-B0BF-F35C69190250.jpeg

Watching this space

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #4,175 of 4,252
An iteration rather than all new, it seems? I was in the market for a micro BL but will now wait to see what this is all about. @iFi audio will you be running a Tour of this? Very interested if so!

Oct 8, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #4,176 of 4,252
Looks like it is balanced now - this is what the original micro was missing. And it should have a dedicated charging port. The rest was just perfect.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #4,177 of 4,252
In other news, looks like I'll have a Micro BL for sale soon...

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #4,178 of 4,252
In other news, looks like I'll have a Micro BL to for sale soon...
I sold mine last spring and was waiting for the upgrade...went through xDSD, xCAN, Zen DAC, Hip DAC (currently own).

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #4,179 of 4,252
Looks like it is balanced now - this is what the original micro was missing. And it should have a dedicated charging port. The rest was just perfect.
Balanced output was barely a thing 2016, but I agree that it is a welcome addition. It's impressive to think that the Micro BL is still as good as it is even four years later. It's still basically unmatched in the market when considering its price, size, and abilities.

Oct 8, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #4,180 of 4,252
I sold mine last spring and was waiting for the upgrade...went through xDSD, xCAN, Zen DAC, Hip DAC (currently own).

I have the xCan and Hip-Dac as well. xCan doesn't get much use these days as the Fiio BTR5 gets me most of the way there in a much smaller size. Hip-Dac is my daily driver right now as I work from home. I just ordered yesterday a topping A50s (was going to use the BL as the Dac for that), but that might have to go back and I'll wait for the Micro Signature.

My Micro Black Label works just fine, but the PCB doesn't like every adapter and plug and so it can take some jiggling to get both channels to connect. I figure I'll sell it for very cheap on head-fi and the next owner can get the PCB fixed ($169 for ifi to do it) or they can just live with it as I have.

Have you tried the zen can yet?

Oct 8, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #4,182 of 4,252
A dedicated charging port is definitely needed.
I loved the dynamics when in turbo mode but it couldn’t charge and play simultaneously.

I’m wondering if this is the Diablo IDSD that was in some pictures earlier this year or an update to the Micro BL.

Id really like to have a desktop version of the Micro BL successor.

Has anyone here tried the Pro line vs all the rest?

Oct 8, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #4,183 of 4,252
A dedicated charging port is definitely needed.
I loved the dynamics when in turbo mode but it couldn’t charge and play simultaneously.

While that is mostly true, I have an OWC thunderbolt dock that has USB ports with the extra amps for fast charging, but the ports also allow data. So I would plug the Black Label in there and that usb port had enough juice to charge and play on turbo at the same time. Not the best solution, and doesn't work for all situations, but it was good while working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back