iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Jun 24, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #3,091 of 4,252
Hey all, I'm experiencing an issue where the idsd will randomly disconnect from my macbook pro and then connect again. In the middle of a long listening session it will be like I quickly unplugged and plugged the device back into the usb port. My player (Vox on Mac) will switch sound devices to internal and then I have to manually switch it back to the idsd micro. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried a different USB cable and the same issue persists. I can't figure out if it's a fault with the idsd or the macbook. I've never experienced it with another usb dac/amp though.

Jun 24, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #3,092 of 4,252
Hey all, I'm experiencing an issue where the idsd will randomly disconnect from my macbook pro and then connect again. In the middle of a long listening session it will be like I quickly unplugged and plugged the device back into the usb port. My player (Vox on Mac) will switch sound devices to internal and then I have to manually switch it back to the idsd micro. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried a different USB cable and the same issue persists. I can't figure out if it's a fault with the idsd or the macbook. I've never experienced it with another usb dac/amp though.

You can buy an OTG and test with a smartphone, or test with another computer to see if it is from the iDSD or computer. I have not experienced this so far (?)

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #3,093 of 4,252
You can buy an OTG and test with a smartphone, or test with another computer to see if it is from the iDSD or computer. I have not experienced this so far (?)
Yea, I have to try it more with my phone. I did not experience the problem on the phone the couple of times I did try it, but they were very short listening sessions. Thanks for the tip.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #3,094 of 4,252
Yea I do have that when connecting to laptops OR when my cable connecting to the iDSD is loose. The unit is quite sensitive about minor movement on mine then again, note that I dropped them and tortured them before when I was actively travelling last year (which i totally regret thought surprised it survived)

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #3,095 of 4,252
Yea I do have that when connecting to laptops OR when my cable connecting to the iDSD is loose. The unit is quite sensitive about minor movement on mine then again, note that I dropped them and tortured them before when I was actively travelling last year (which i totally regret thought surprised it survived)

Interesting, I've only had it happen when connected to my macbook pro, sitting stationary - so no cable movement. It will just randomly disconnect/reconnect once about an hour. Both the cables I've tried so far are actually the same exact make and model, so I'm trying the cable that came with it today to see if it makes a difference. I've never experienced this when it is connected to my android phone, so it might not be the unit.

Jun 28, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #3,097 of 4,252
I'm need some advice headfiers

I'm debating, should I getting the original version or the black version? which is better? and by how much?

Thanks

I have the black version and I really love it. The best DAC/AMP I heard to date - compared it in depth to devices almost double its price, iDSD BL just wins by a large margin.

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #3,099 of 4,252
Currently, I have the Grace M9XX, is iDSD black version going to be better?

While I have not heard M9XX, iDSD BL is the one DAC/AMP I do recommend the most form everything I heard to date.

I invite you to read my review, and if after reading it entirely you feel that M9XX does the same things, then you already have what you want. If you feel that iDSD BL does things you would want it to do, the best thing you can do is to at least try to hear one in a showroom, because it is worth hearing!

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/05/ifi-idsd-bl-pinnacle-of-dac-and-amp.html

Jul 1, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #3,102 of 4,252
What is the rectangular, translucent, rubbery-feeling pad that comes with this product used for?

When you stack with another device you can put it in between them for protection.

This photo is from my upcoming Opus #3 review, you can see the role of that rubber band in action

6vr3dx6h.jpg

Jul 2, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #3,105 of 4,252
I just got the black 2 days ago through the latest Adorama sale. And I have to say, it has quickly impressed me to the point I'm debating selling some of the larger desktop units I have. I can't get over how well it drives all my headphones, and the sheer diversity of uses it has. I initially bought it for my DAP, but after having it plugged into my PC the last 2 days I'm not so sure that's what it's main use will be. The XBass is a bit over the top for my liking, but I love the 3D setting. I just can't get over how something this small does so much so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back