IC: Upcoming Toronto Meet
Jan 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #76 of 247
Another mini update:

I recently ….today…...sent out a massive pm to about 80 members from the area inviting them to this meet as not everyone checks this thread. Some responses have started to roll in already, this is great!

Hopefully more will roll in during the week and I will be posting an updated spreadsheet next weekend!

Hopefully we can get a great turnout with diversity.

Cheers everyone

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #81 of 247
Quote:
pm sent....

i currently have the Audeze LCD-2 Rev2 with the Schiit modi & magni.

coming from buffalo, ny......hopefully this will be on a weekend.

papazoid, I'll be coming form Port Colborne. If it's in the Toronto area maybe we could arrange some kind of car pool from the Niagara Region area..

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #82 of 247
Ill put myself down for now, 

HE-400 with norse audio cablea
NFB12
Macbook Pro / Ipad 2

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #84 of 247
Quote:
Is this open for Newbie/Begginer that wants to explore the world of HiFi currently have ATH-M50 and still looking for new ones I hope you guys can help me open my mind

Stay away from the super high end stuff hahaha...might spoil your ears. 

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #85 of 247
My only problem with ATH-M50 was the clamp really hurts my jaw so im looking an IEM with same signature and my only source are Laptop and Note 2 
And believe me when I say this MY EARS ARE LOOKING TO BE SPOILED lol

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #87 of 247
Quote:

Stay away from the super high end stuff hahaha...might spoil your ears. 

Where was this advice earlier today?

I checked out Headfone Shop today and auditioned the HE-500's and HE-6's (among other cans), and am now having trouble enjoying the music out of my headphones.

Not sure if future auditions or head-fi meets are good for my ears.

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #88 of 247
If I might take advantage of this thread to ask a question, do any of you have Pricklely Peete's contact details? He has gone AWOL and doesn't respond to emails. I know he has had some health issues so I'm hoping someone might have his details from past meets and can find out if he is ok.

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #89 of 247
Quote:

Where was this advice earlier today?

I checked out Headfone Shop today and auditioned the HE-500's and HE-6's (among other cans), and am now having trouble enjoying the music out of my headphones.

Not sure if future auditions or head-fi meets are good for my ears.

Hahah my apologies I did not see your post earliar.

I'm so glad I have the HE-500s.

I went last year and i completely spoiled by ears with the Sennheiser HE-60. At that time I was using the K702 and DT990 and it didn't come close to the HE-60. The HE-500s have been the only headphone that i've heard that even came remotely close to the HE-60s.

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #90 of 247
How are the prices at Headfone shop?

The HE-500s are rather pricey there if i recall. I asked for their best price and it was still above $700 and their display model was roughly $650+ as well.

Moon Audio was going to let it go for $630 brand new but i managed to get a really good deal on the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back