IC : GTA area summer meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #47 of 113
This is not meet related, but anyone in the GTA area willing to help me fix my broken th-x00, (not necesarily for free ofc). See pic here: http://imgur.com/a/R2xW9 you see the thin band that the metal piece goes into..that's broken (in the place the metal piece goes in). I did try but i'm REALLY not handy and i always end up making it wierd so it doesn't sit on the head right anymore.

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #48 of 113
BTW, I just got a Grado HF2 and they are a shockingly fun headphone to listen to. I am thinking of selling them soon as I have too much gear, but will wait till the meet is over.

Also missed out on a set of K1000 on an insane price, will be kicking myself for a while. :frowning2:[/QUOTE

Hep, missed the K1000. The seller said the one that bought her, reply when he listed on that Sunday morning within 5 minutes. Now I know who bought the Grado HF2. Interest when u sell, ambchang.

This sound interesting with the September meet. I'd tried my best to come down.

TAVES Consumer Electronics Show is also coming up: Friday, October 13 to Sunday
Toronto Congress Centre 650 Dixon Road ON M9W 1J1

http://novo.press/taves-consumer-el...s-available-now-save-3-with-this-ticket-code/

Aug 28, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #49 of 113
Everyone in Canada did. Everyone did. The guy has like 15 messages in an hour about them (yours truly included). Some very lucky, very quick, person got them.

Currently listening to mine - they are something else! Will try to bring em to the next meet.

Aug 28, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #50 of 113
Everyone in Canada did. Everyone did. The guy has like 15 messages in an hour about them (yours truly included). Some very lucky, very quick, person got them.

What did they finally sell for?

Aug 30, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #52 of 113
Hello guys :D How to get the invitations for the downtown meeting? I can bring one of my RS2E, HF2, K240 Sextett EP, HD580, and my girlfriend might bring one of the HE560, Z1R, Beat solo(ikr). Thanks for you help

Aug 30, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #53 of 113
Have we set a date yet? I think Soulsik said sometime mid-sept. btw I plan to bring: Schiit M2/M2 stack, th-x00 (purple heart, assuming it arrives by then), and fiio e18.

BTW: is anyone planning on bringing a darkvoice or similar beginner tube amp? I'm very curious about tube sound for my th-x00.

Hello guys :D How to get the invitations for the downtown meeting? I can bring one of my RS2E, HF2, K240 Sextett EP, HD580, and my girlfriend might bring one of the HE560, Z1R, Beat solo(ikr). Thanks for you help

OOOH, I'm very curious about the HE560 will def. have to have a listen if you don't mind.

Aug 31, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #54 of 113
What did they finally sell for?

$800 Cdn...

and I pass this on, the seller said : they could have mentioned my name, just Thomas would have been nice!!

Bought 2 items from Thomas...and they are like new.

Man, would have gone for the Akg K1000 that Colin picked up and the Grado HF2 Limited Edition that member ambchang picked up.

Aug 31, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #55 of 113
Thomas is legendary:D I would definitely love to read his reviews on his 50+ headphones and stories about his HIFI journey. In fact, he just kindly sold a rare #5 HF2 to me after I missed the sale for K1000 and the first HF2, rs2e and he500. The HF2 is the only pair which sounds right with the very shiit magni2. The warm tube sound from HF2 makes the clinical thin bright artificial Magni2 not totally unlistenable. But I do regret giving my higher end gears after I went poor to my kin(GF and his dad and my uncle) who dont enjoy critical listening as much as I do tho. Hope everyone could enjoy music.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #59 of 113
Hello to all. Sorry I've been a bit late chiming into this thread, but I've read through all the comments and I really couldn't be happier if a potential meeting could take place at BAY/BLOOR RADIO. That would be amazing and I would be so happy and honored to attend! :)
As for (Soulsik) I don't know you, but I look forward to do doing so and to shake your hand for the incredible help in organizing this possible mid-Sept meet? I hope everything plans out so we can all have this great time together...I mean what more can one ask for then to meet at the great Bay/Bloor? Pretty awesome.
Anyhow I am in 100% and in full support.
Meanwhile, lets talk gear. :)

As for some new gear I may have to bring? Yup. I do. Made a splash lately. :)
So my plan is to bring what I think is one of the very best CD transports around....at least that I've heard. So Potentially, I could bring in my CYRUS CD i complete with the upgradable Power supply path (PSXR-2) and show case the life this player brings to properly recorded CD mediums in the 16/44.1 bit depth region. Believe me, there is so much to hear and discuss as to why the CD medium is still relevant and I believe for many, the CYRUS can answer the call. I would of course bring some cable interconnects/leads so YOU can pair this player with your own AMPS or DACS, so you can get a true sense of what this player can do with your own equipment. I think it's the best way to get a feel for what this CD i can do. I will also provide a bunch of CD's/SACD's as to what I think are great recordings in many different music genre offerings. Of course please feel free to bring in your favourite discs as well or bring in some bad ones...whatever you like to get a sense of the player.

Other gear I could bring is the ARCAM irDAC, Blue mofi headphones and the Sony MDR Z7's ( I think Soulsik said he may have these already though) and my Astell& Kern DAP (AK JR)
And lastly, If by popular demand but I think many of you may be over it, I could bring the SUBPAC (portable tactile subwoofer) which of course many of you know by now it's a device that you strap to the of your chair so you can feel all the low end frequencies in your recordings down to around 15hz. it's a fun experience, especially with EBM music.
However, I might let Mr. SubPAC take a vacation from this meet since I've got potentially quite a few things to bring in (the Cyrus weighs a lot) lol.
Mainly though, I don't want the SUBPAC to serve as a distraction cause I'd rather make the CD i my main center of attention to share with you fine gentlemen, however if many really want me to bring it in I will. :)

Talk soon fellas. Hope the meet is a go!

Mr. Nephilim. :wink:

Oh and lastly I can't believe a pair of K-1000 went for 800$!
That's like Paulie's Chord D.a.v.e going for 2500$. Lol. Omg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back